bindingConfig must have a key and a value

Hello,

I am having trouble settings up the astro binding. i have the astro binding and astro action installed. i have in my openhab.cfg the lat/lon. Do they need to be ‘.’ or ‘,’ ?

The latitude

astro:latitude=12,345678

The longitude

astro:longitude=12,345678

I get a error in my logfile. "bindingConfig must have a key and a value’"
2016-02-22 14:35:06.435 [ERROR] [i.internal.GenericItemProvider] - Binding configuration of type ‘astro’ of item ‘Zodiac_Sign‘ could not be parsed correctly.
org.openhab.model.item.binding.BindingConfigParseException: A bindingConfig must have a key and a value
at org.openhab.binding.astro.internal.bus.BindingConfigParser.parse(BindingConfigParser.java:64) ~[na:na]
at org.openhab.binding.astro.internal.bus.AstroGenericBindingProvider.processBindingConfiguration(AstroGenericBindingProvider.java:59) ~[na:na]
at org.openhab.model.item.internal.GenericItemProvider.internalDispatchBindings(GenericItemProvider.java:348) [org.openhab.model.item_1.7.0.jar:na]
at org.openhab.model.item.internal.GenericItemProvider.internalDispatchBindings(GenericItemProvider.java:324) [org.openhab.model.item_1.7.0.jar:na]
at org.openhab.model.item.internal.GenericItemProvider.processBindingConfigsFromModel(GenericItemProvider.java:171) [org.openhab.model.item_1.7.0.jar:na]
at org.openhab.model.item.internal.GenericItemProvider.modelChanged(GenericItemProvider.java:390) [org.openhab.model.item_1.7.0.jar:na]
at org.openhab.model.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl.notifyListeners(ModelRepositoryImpl.java:159) [org.openhab.model.core_1.7.0.jar:na]
at org.openhab.model.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl.addOrRefreshModel(ModelRepositoryImpl.java:100) [org.openhab.model.core_1.7.0.jar:na]
at org.openhab.model.core.internal.folder.FolderObserver.checkFolder(FolderObserver.java:142) [org.openhab.model.core_1.7.0.jar:na]
at org.openhab.model.core.internal.folder.FolderObserver.run(FolderObserver.java:99) [org.openhab.model.core_1.7.0.jar:na]

this is my items file
String Zodiac_Sign “Current zodiac [%s]” (Astro) { astro=“planet=sun,zodiac, property=sign” }

i am running OH 1.7 and the astro 1.7 bindings.

Does anybody know where i go wrong ?

Regards,
Pieter

This is a working example:

################################# Astro Binding #######################################
#
# The latitude
astro:latitude=53.yyyyy

# The longitude
astro:longitude=7.xxxxx

# Refresh interval for azimuth and elevation calculation in seconds
# (optional, defaults to disabled)
astro:interval=3600

Make sure you have only the binding installed, not the action.

And change your item to:

String Zodiac_Sign "Current zodiac [%s]" (Astro) {astro="planet=sun, type=zodiac, property=sign"}

Yes, i got it working. I did a bit to much ‘search and replace’ and apprently corrupted that bindingconfig.

What does the astro binding do and what does the astro action do ?

Action: Actions · openhab/openhab1-addons Wiki · GitHub
Binding: Astro binding · openhab/openhab1-addons Wiki · GitHub