Bindings installation via addons.cfg

Hi all, I am porting my OH 2 to OH 3.0.1.
After having fighted a bit with Semantic model, now I’m trying to install bindigs via addons.cfg but they are not installing.

My addons.cfg looks like:
`binding = mqtt,network,samsungtv,amazonechocontrol

ui = basic,paper
misc = openhabcloud`

Is there any setting I have to activate in order for the bindings to self install ?

1 Like

I don’t know if OH 3 reads those files periodically or only at startup now. I’ve long since abandonded their use as more trouble than they are worth.

You posted no logs nor any indication you’ve even looked in the logs. I’m willing to bet it’s generating all sorts of errors complaining that it can’t find any add-on named “paper”. Adding stuff that doesn’t exist to addons.cfg can prevent OH from installing any of the add-ons (…more trouble than they are worth).

It seems you know what you are talking about :slight_smile:
16:00:52.508 [WARN ] [.core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - The ui add-on 'paper' does not exist - ignoring it. 16:00:53.715 [ERROR] [.core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-mqtt, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-binding-network, openhab-binding-amazonechocontrol, openhab-binding-samsungtv': Error: Error downloading mvn:org.openhab.addons.bundles/org.openhab.io.openhabcloud/3.0.1
Do you seggest to use the web-if for binding install ?

In OH 3 I recommend:

Configuration Text UI
binding installation always
binding configuration with few exceptions (e.g. modbus and KNX)
Things with few exceptions (e.g. modbus and KNX)
Items always
Sitemaps preferred
MainUI Pages always
Rules no strong preference no strong preference
Persistence .persit files everything else

Personally, I do everything possible through the UI. It’s harder to make syntax errors. It’s obvious what settings are available for each one so you never have to look through docs. Generally, the UI won’t let you do something impossible.

2 Likes