Bindings list in the Paper UI - is it hard-coded?

Hello!

Earlier this week I’ve had a problem with Air Quality binding. I’ve installed nightly build #838 and Air Quality binding wasn’t available in the bindings list. Today I’ve tried refreshing bindings list in the Paper UI, but without any change. After installing nightly build #841, Air Quality binding appeared in the list. Is the binding list hard-coded in the OH runtime, and what should refresh button in the Paper UI do? Since all the bindings are located online and downloaded on demand, shouldn’t a list of available bindings update dynamically from the same source - when you refresh a list?

Best regards,
Davor

The list of bindings shown in PaperUI will only be those that match the same build number of OH that you are running. So to see the Air Quality binding you had to upgrade to at least build #841 in order to see it listed. There are good technical reasons for why this is the case.

You can download and manually install bindings that are off version (e.g. to upgrade one binding to a newer build but not touch everything else) but PaperUI will always be tied to the build number.

Hello @rlkoshak

So, it’s not hard-coded, but it does behave that way (you have to install a new version of OH to get a new version of the binding). Thank you for the explanation. And regarding Air Quality binding, it was not introduced in the nightly build #841. I’ve had it installed in the #798, but after upgrading to the #838 it disappeared from the list. After upgrading to the #841, it appeared again.

Best regards,
Davor

Not sure what happened there. Since the Release I stopped following the nightlies.

Hello!

Well, it doesn’t matter what happened, it’s solved in the next version. I was just explaining my reasons for installing a new OH nightly to get a new version of the binding. Thank you once again.

Best regards,
Davor