Blockly Reference

Hi Stefan,
Thanks a lot for the update!
/Franz

1 Like

If event === undefined you know the rule was triggered manually or a system trigger (e.g. startup runlevel) or a time based trigger.

That should work in many cases. But beyond that they’re is no way to detect a manual trigger.

Hi all

Thanks for all your efforts. I tried Blockly a little and came into some questions.

1 Is there a way to have several and or conditions in same if statement? I only find the posibility of one test now.

2 it seems like Blockky don’t let met choose items without channels even if I mark Show non semantic. So how will I interact with proxy items? Assuming I didn’t do some misstake?

3 For preventing rykes from bounce, did I earlier in my openhab life prefered a method of timestamp variables instead of timers, I did thought that comparing timestamps required less hw or threads, is there anyone whom do like I used to do and can share an example?

Hi,

I think it’s ok, when I only can determine that the event object exists, because in my rule is the probleme that I need the “event context” and i have no chance to check if this property exists.

Hi,

some information to point 1 and 2:

1. I think you can do this. Just put another “or” or “and” in one of the conditions:

1. As you can see, i have choosen a proxy item (without channel). So it should possible

Hi and thank’s for your help.

I managed to add several and or is on row after you explained how to. But I’m not managing to get my manuladusk item (proxy item) inthe list of items to choose among. Screenshot of itemconfig is posted below, do I need to add any data that I didn’t need to in textual rules?

Hi,

it looks like this:

Important: The dialog shows the label not the name of the item

Magnus, do you mind, if we keep this thread only to blockly reference related questions? :pray:

2 Likes

:partying_face: The blockly reference is now complete :partying_face:

:partying_face: I wish you all a happy new blockly year 2022 :partying_face:

11 Likes

Hey Stefan,

Do you want to keep this here completely or may we proceed with adding it to the official docs in the nearer future?

As said somewhere else already i can help with exploring how it will be presented in the best way.

I’d be interested to move it to the official openhab docs. What would be the best approach to do so?

Im having a problem finding all the blocks shown in the reference, particularly for the Openhab subset, and I wish to use the sound functions. Ive been having a terrible time trying to get playSound to work in text scripts (I get it to execute, but no sound), and I have been googling and tried everything I could find with no success.
So, I was excited to see the Multimedia/Sound blocks added to Blockly. But sadly, I have upgraded from openhab 3.1 to 3.2, and tried the latest milestone (though I cannot tell if it is installed, I do have 3.2), and I still have the same blocks, I do not see the multimedia block options, nor the menu in Openhab blocks.
Can you pleeeeaseeee tell me what I am missing, or otherwise help.
I was expecting to get sound working in blockly, and examine the text to see what I have been missing with playsound.
thanks.

If you click on the openHAB section in Blockly can you share a screenshot of the Blockly groups that you have available to you? (Essentially the same screenshot as the very first image in the first post of this thread)

Maybe try clearing your browser cache ?

1 Like

thanks, attached.

@stefan.hoehn any idea if this merge is happening soon? Sounds like the content of the documentation is fixed for the moment, but I’d quite like to run through it and make grammar/stylistic edits to update the written English (I certainly appreciate English is not most people’s first language here!)

PR has not yet been created so please do make your edits. Sooner is better than later.

1 Like

yes, go for editing to make it good and real english :slight_smile:

I have already converted the introduction in the real documentation, so I hope there is not too much to rewrite (as I haven’t transferred it word by word) but other than that of course, go for it. It would be great if you can do it until the end of the week because I like to continue on the weekend.

Thanks
Stefan

btw, even later if it has become “final” it is not set in stone as it can always be reviewed and proposed to be changed, only the process via PR becomes a bit more complicated.

Perfect, thanks!

I wasn’t going to touch the first two or three categories - my interest is in the descriptions of the blocks themselves. However, I am confused about why there is discussion of $OPENHAB_CONF just after the introduction - how does that affect Blockly? I’m certainly not sharing (smb or otherwise) the configuration folders on my network explicitly, so is there a bug somewhere that this is designed to address?

Openhab-conf has to be known if you need to access some conf files e.g. for the sound blocks and so on, see

configuration files

and read on…