Bluetooth RuuviTag Openhab 2.5 on Raspberry-pi 4

Hi all,

I have the latest version of openhab 2.5 running on openhabian on raspberry pi 4.
I am trying to establish binding with bluetooth.
I checked several topics on openhab forums, but I can not get this working.

I have installed add on Bluetooth Binding.
I have installed version 5.47 BlueZ on Raspberry Pi, since version must be between 5.43 and 5.47
followed (but to install 5.47, default was 5.50):
https://scribles.net/updating-bluez-on-raspberry-pi-from-5-43-to-5-50/
followed steps:
https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/bluetooth/

But I still get error:
BlueZ JNI connection cannot be established.

Also checked topic, but looks like I do not hove bluez add on in openhab structure. Did I make something wrong?
https://community.openhab.org/t/solved-bluez-jni-connection-cannot-be-established-openhab-2-5-bluez-5-47-on-rasp/75213

Also note that the OS user needs to be a member of the “bluetooth” group of Linux in order to have the rights to access the BlueZ stack

How can I check if user has access to BlueZ stack?
Did someone managed to establish connection?

Thanks

Hallo,
I’m gonna join up here
I’m trying to do the same thing on a Raspberrypi 3B+
I don’t know how to troubleshoot.
Searching the net with the key: OpenHAB Bluetooth with Raspberrypi and the same, did not bring me any useful answers. Is there a person here in the forum who can give us the right hint?

Thanks for your work.

maybe it is better not to use bluetooth for now. Or integrate the berry as a guest in the network.

Hi,
got also some ruuvi tags and succeeded to integrate them to a pi4 with raspian and openhab 2.5.

first, this was the error message in the openhab.log
[INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'bluetooth.things' [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method 'ThingHandler.initialize()' on 'org.openhab.binding.bluetooth.bluez.handler.BlueZBridgeHandler@1807907': BlueZ JNI connection cannot be established. java.lang.IllegalStateException: BlueZ JNI connection cannot be established. at org.openhab.binding.bluetooth.bluez.handler.BlueZBridgeHandler.initialize(BlueZBridgeHandler.java:98) ~[?:?] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_152] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_152] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_152] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_152] at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:152) [bundleFile:?] at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:52) [bundleFile:?] at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:1.8.0_152] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:1.8.0_152] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:1.8.0_152] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_152] Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: tinyb.BluetoothManager.getNativeAPIVersion()Ljava/lang/String; at tinyb.BluetoothManager.getNativeAPIVersion(Native Method) ~[?:?] at tinyb.BluetoothManager.getBluetoothManager(BluetoothManager.java:304) ~[?:?] at org.openhab.binding.bluetooth.bluez.handler.BlueZBridgeHandler.initialize(BlueZBridgeHandler.java:93) ~[?:?] ... 10 more

here my steps, to make the ruuvi tags work

Thanks,
Jo

1 Like

Can you make Ruuvi tag connect to available devices?
When the tag is connected, set the time for the device to work within 2 minutes,
but when the tag is not connected, the device connected to the tag stops working within 2 minutes

because I want Tag to be like a home user. For example, when a user enters the house, the light in the house will start working within the specified time, but when the user leaves the area or is not home within 2 minutes, turn off the light automatically.

Can you write a command here?