Bose SoundTouch Binding

Just started to use this awesome binding!
Could someone elaborate how to use the notificationsound channel with the optional configuration parameters?

Okay figured it out by checking the source code.
Actually the notificationsound channel has configuration parameters which can be set in the PaperUI. The command to send to the notificationsound channel is only the URL which should be played.
It is not possible to set the configuration parameters with each command, but it is possible to create multiple notificationsound channels with different parameters.

@tiknx. Any news?

Isnt it fixed already?

Is there a typo in the things example?

Wouldn’t it be better to write:

[
]
Full Example

Things:
Thing bosesoundtouch:device:demo “Demo” @ “Living” [ host=“192.168.1.2”, macAddress=“123456789ABC” ]
[
]

instead of:

[
]
Full Example

Things:
bosesoundtouch:device:demo @ “Living” [ host=“192.168.1.2”, macAddress=“123456789ABC” ]
[
]

Hello, is there any way to have a Bose Soundlink Air working with this binding? It’s an old Airplay WiFi speaker that I still use with Airplay Apple protocol, and it would very nice to have it integrated into OA2 

TY in advance for any suggestion.

No, the SoundLink Air does not use the SoundTouch API, so it won’t work with this binding

Has anyone been able to find the command for “Play All”?

I would like to use that rather than multiple ZoneAdd commands if possible.

Im looking for controlling my soundtouch devices multiroom via openhab. in This thread i have found some channels that should make this possible. I tried to use this channels, but none works. Could it be , that this feature was removed? i also cant find any hints in the readme or documentation.

Does this function exist? and if yes, what are their channel names?

Hello,

I think the option “ZoneAdd” is not longer existing in this binding. Does someone know why ? I am really missing this

Cheers,
Tizaf

Hi,

to bring some light into the zoning topic:
There is a version of this plugin coming with openhab itself. This openhab-included/deployed version doesn’t currently support any zoning features. The zoning functionality requires some direct communication between the thing-instances to collect the information for building up the zones - and this is denied for ‘official’ plugins.

Never the less there is still the version available from my github repository - still including the zone features. Just disable the openhab-included plugin, download the plugin from the link, put it into the ‘addons’ folder and zones are working

Cheers,
Chris

1 Like

Thanks Christian,

its again working with org.openhab.binding.bosesoundtouch-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
It think its worth mentioning it in the add ons documentation

BR,
Michael

Hello, I am quite new on using Bose Binding / Openhab.
Thanks for all the great work here.
Actually I could get the binding working. At least power , Volume , Mute and Informations like Arist , Title cover are working fine.
What I could not working yet is Play/Pause , Skip and skip previous.
For testing I am just using Basic UI 
 is there any hint what I may do wrong ?
Thx

Continuing the discussion from Bose SoundTouch Binding:

Continuing the discussion from Bose SoundTouch Binding:

Hi,

I am using the tag 1.4.1 of openHABian.
I have installed the bose addon, and by discovery it got the soundtouch-10 but with a wrong MAC address. I have make the fix manually, but in the log I can see it is still expecting the messages with the other MAC address.

In the following I have reported the log massage where the expected log is what I have manually configured. I have not any devices in my network with the MAC address EC24B896A1C7

2019-01-03 09:06:08.691 [WARN ] [undtouch.internal.XMLResponseHandler] - Portable Bose: Wrong device-ID in entity ‘updates’: Got: ‘EC24B896A1C7’, expected: ‘7CEC79FA8437’

Because of this miss align on mac address I have not a complete control in Control page into Paper UI, some buttons doesn’t work correctly (power, Skip and skip previous).

The power button doesn’t change state on the UI, however sometimes the device turn on and turn off, about the skip button I don’t get any effect.

Is there any solution ?

Hi,

is there a way to use the zone feature with the official Bose SoundTouch binding delivered with the OpenHAB 2.4 version?

If not, can somebody provide a 2.4 build of the Bose SoundTouch Binding sources available at GitHub (https://github.com/marvkis/org.openhab.binding.bosesoundtouch-dist) which still contains the zone feature?

Thx,
Stefan

Does someone have an working example for the notification?
Tried (with the official binding) to send just an mp3 link (http link to my fritz box). But no reaction of the bose device.

Hi Chris, thanks for the great SoundTouch Binding. I love it. I integrated my SoundTouch 20 to control it via HomeKit through OpenHab2. Yesterday I tried to implement my SoundTouch Portable Device. It isn’t recognized by the Binding. So I added it by myself on Paper UI (inside the binding). I selected “device”. Because the “Portable” isn’t listed. I also tried as 10, 20. But I cannot control the “Power” correctly. It seems the Portable gets only a kind of “PowerToggle” trigger command. Sometimes HomeKit (also PaperUI) tells me the Portable is on, but it isn’t
 After two hours of try and error (also searching in forums for hints) I gave up. :frowning:

In short: How can I implement the Portable Device into your binding? Is there a special trick?
I also tried different settings for the power button “item” in OpenHAB. Didn’t work

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Regards,
Sascha

I have made a workaround for the missing ZoneAdd feature

rule "Bose slave follow master"
when
    Item Bose1_Power changed from OFF to ON
then 
    logInfo("Bose master is On", "Connect to slave")
    val String MasterIP = "192.168.178.xxx"
    val String MasterMAC = "A81B6Axxxxx"
    val String SlaveIP ="192.168.178.xxx"
    val String SlaveMAC = "A81B6Axxxxx"
    val String PostData = '<zone master="' + MasterMAC + '" senderIPAddress="'+ MasterIP +'"><member ipaddress="' + SlaveIP + '">' + SlaveMAC + '</member></zone>';
    sendHttpPostRequest("http://" + MasterIP + ":8090/setZone","",PostData)
end

Replace the x’s with your own IP and MAC addresses

3 Likes

Sorry to ask again, but anyone with a working exaple to play a notification?
Would like to replace my doorbell with that.

You could try to link the mp3 file to a preset button.
Then in a rule call that preset button.

Bose1_KeyCode.sendCommand("PRESET_1" )