Bose SoundTouch Binding

I agree, it should be agreed upon with @marvkis - if he is still using/working/maintaining this binding, it would indeed be great if he would do the PR!

Ok, so i will wait if there is a reaction from @marvkis.
There are two possibilities, he is still working on it, or not.

If not i can consider if i assume the maintenance

Hi @Kai and @tiknx,

It’s nice to see that there is still others using this binding and not only me and that you even would consider it for the official branch :wink:

Currently i’m very busy and due to lack of time i was not able to update my openhab installation / branch for more than 8 months or so and i’m not sure if it still works with latest releases. As far as I understand @tiknx has updated it - so if you provide me a PR with your changes i’ll integrate it into my version.

@Kai - have you already dropped an eye on the code? When i remember right there are still some ‘dirty’ hacks i’ve done during the initial implementation that should be cleaned up before we integrate it as official plugin. From my memories - there could be some ‘static’ classes / variables to collect the items and i also pulled out some things from inside of openHAB in ways that won’t be intended because i was unable to find the proper API a year ago when the initial implementation was done with early versions of openHAB 2 … :wink:

What do you suggest what would be the right way to push it towards an official plugin?

Bye,
Chris

I see quite some interest in the community in this binding, so I think it definitely makes sense to add it to the official repo so that people can collaborate on it!

No, I usually only start having a closer look once a PR is there; it is then much easier to add comments on Github and help moving it to the right direction.

My suggestion is that you first clean up the code so that you think it respects the guidelines, then you can create a PR. From there, we can see how to move forward and how others could also contribute their improvements to it.

Looking forward to it, thanks!
Kai

Hi,

I am not sure, if my changes are in the way you want it to have.
But when i am ready i will make a PR on your repository. Probably this will be this evening.
Then you can have a look on it, and we can talk about it

So it would be ready (ok not ready, but it is working in the way i want it to)
but i have no permission to your repro, so i cant make a PR

Or is it a user errer?

You can create PRs against any repository out there afaik. No need for special permissions.

No i tried it with the IDE, and the git client, non of them worked.
The IDE asked me for a user, the client only wrote “permission denied”

edit:
of course it was an user error, i did not make a fork, but cloned the original one.
@marvkis PR is done

@marvkis did you already found time to have a look at my PR? What do you think about my changes?

Hi @tiknx,

Sorry, I was very busy but I looked it it right now. See my comments on the PR.

I also had a look at the new openHAB beta and there are many new things. HABmin has a graphical and Web-GUI based script editor and HABPanel arrived at openHAB2 and the screenshots look very good. I definitively need to find some time to upgrade my installation to the current version :wink:

Bye,
chris

hi @marvkis,

i know, in the meantime oh2 is really great.
I’m using the current snapshot. The last beta ist quite old now. And the snapshot is as stabil.

You have a anwer and some commits on git.

cu
Thomas

Hi, any updates here?

I have opened a PR on @marvkis repro. He seems to be very busy. So i did not get an answer until now, but you can try it

I have updated my version. I hope @marvkis will find some time to have e review

If anybody using this, and using the latest snapshot. The binding will not work.
My fork from @marvkis is updated, if anybody needs a the *.jar just say it

would be interrested to test!

i have updated the binary repro as well. So you can try it

I have copied the jar in the Addon folder, nothing happend - whats next?

What do think should happen? You can manualy search for the thing, or restart your openhab instance, then the thing should be in the inbox and you can add it

well not really - is /usr/share/openhab2/addons the right folder?