Brink Flair 300 Modbus integration

I’ve implemented an integration for Brink Flair 300 ventilation unit using the Modbus binding. I haven’t tested it, but I presume it will work with Flair 325 unit too.

All the details to be find in my GitHub repo. For now the texts are mostly in Czech, if somebody is interested, I can translate it.

Best regards

Hi, I actually found your repo while searching for a brink flair 325 integration.
I’m interested in using it, although I plan to use it with home assistant instead.
Did you need to buy the UWA2-B/UWA2-E ( from brink and then connect the USB-to-RS485 to the UWA2-B board? Or you can connect the USB-to-RS485 directly to the flair unit?
Also, the readmine in English would help, although google translate works as well.
Thanks for your hard work.

Hi, I didn’t have to buy anything. There’s Modbus connector X15 on the unit, just use it. It works out of the box. Good luck :slight_smile:


I can help you for the translations in French, Dutch and English.

Thank you for this module!

Kind regards,
Xavier Miller.

Hi, I have moved around the jumpers X12 etc and now I don’t remember the original position and Modbus is not working, can you please help?

A document (page 34 and 35 from installation manual) where the ModBus connection and X21 jumper configuration are describes (sorry, in Romanian) Instalare si instructiuni de utilizare Wolf CWL-2-325-pages-34-35.pdf (336.1 KB)

“X12 is the rider termination resistor (120 W) ModBus (remove it if the termination resistor has already been inserted in the ModBus system).
With Modbus app remove riders X121 & X122; then when using Bus mount riders X12, X121 & X122; remove the X07 rider from the Plus pcb UWA2-E when apply Plus pcb.”

The same info in German:

Thanks for this!
In the meantime I’ve found that my Modbus module doesn’t do RX even when I connect it to a USB RS485 dongle on my PC, so I’m waiting for a new module to re-test.

That was my experience too. Seems that these USB to RS485 are defective (worked for few months) - I had problems with one (a lot of errors in openhab.log), ordered another and so far is working well - let’s see how long will last.