Broadlink binding for RMx, A1, SPx and MP. Any interest?

I use a RM3 Mini (from memory) with OH, and it was a pain to setup but works a treat now. I don’t use the python script, nor the binding (though I will if/when it comes out). I use the tcp/udp binding and careful map files for the commands to send to the Mini (it was a royal pain to prepare the signals for the OH map file)

1 Like

This is looking really good, can’t wait for my equipment to arrive so I can test :slight_smile:

Hi,

I understand that some of you are having problems with getting the RM Bridge site to grab your IR codes for the RM3/mini. I believe it says somewhere on the site that only RM1/2 is supported. However, since RM3 uses the same protocol you can make the site work by adding your RM3 manually. This is what I did a few minutes ago to add my RM3.

Installed RM Bridge on my phone, and entered the IP address as shown on the mobile screen. Remember to click the circle once to make it start.
Clicked Load Devices on the site
Entered RM3 (name field), mac address (MAC field) and RM2 (type field)
Clicked Add Manually button, and it showed up in the device field under.

I had try a few times before it worked. I used Chrome on Windows 10.

Cato

1 Like

Thanks Cato, that just worked for me. :slight_smile:

(I guess it hadn’t worked before because I’d also put RM3 in the type field).

A couple of probably-dumb questions in trying to get this set-up…

I can get a number of different results when capturing the same button from my remote control, so can I just check should i be getting exactly the same code every time from the same button? Or is it variable (perhaps only variable for some buttons)?

In Cato’s instructions, in step 7 there’s the item and sitemap files examples, and step 6 just above there’s the ‘TV_POWER_ON =’ example for the map file. Can they be used exactly as they are (tho with the map file using the tv on code i’ve captured from my remote control)?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Hi,

Under you can find the latest build, beta2. Changes since previous version:

Fixed

• Devices went offline if changes were made to its configuration

Added

• Enabled support for the following smart sockets: sp1, sp2, sp3, mp1 and mp2
  • Added support for several OEM devices
  • Tweaks and minor fixes
  • Added some code to support the range of Broadlink Alarm devices. Not yet enabled.

As before the support for smart sockets is untested and such may not work.

Download link: https://goo.gl/CS4rE9

Cato

8 Likes

Everything seems to be working well. Thing doesn’t go offline like it did.

@jcf6288
Great. Thanks for the update.

All,
Please let me know if you find any bugs or have ideas for additional functionality.

Cato

I need help as well. Thanks.

Its may be too difficult but if you could integrate the learning code function into the jar so that it would be possible to manually search for a thing which would trigger the learning function on the broadlink. I have no problem with the current setup however to masses it would be beneficial to not require an intermediate step (ie rm bridge on phone). That would make this binding perfect. I must say that I am very happy with the product thus far as this simplifies my setup and doesn’t require my rm tasker plugin any longer. Thanks for the hard work.

Just got an A1. Another feature that would be nice is to have the binding report either Temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit just like you can change with zwave devices. Obviously a rule can solve this but it would be nice.

rule "Convert Broadlink A1 Temp to F"
when
Item BL1TemperatureC changed
then
var Number temp
if (BL1TemperatureC.state instanceof DecimalType) temp = BL1TemperatureC.state as DecimalType
var Number temp2 = (temp * 1.8) + 32
BL1TemperatureF.postUpdate(temp2)
end

Still seeing an issue upon rebooting openhab where is may or may not come back online. If I delete the key and IV then save it, and then re enter them it works again.

Hi @Cato_Sognen. Im having a few issues with the binding working and then crashing. Heres error message

2017-07-08 11:58:50.435 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.broadlink       ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR - org.openhab.binding.broadlink
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.broadlink [208]
  Another singleton bundle selected: osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.openhab.binding.broadlink"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.2.0.201707021127"; singleton:="true"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.101.v20150820-1432.jar:]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1582)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.101.v20150820-1432.jar:]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1562)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.101.v20150820-1432.jar:]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1533)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.101.v20150820-1432.jar:]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1476)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.101.v20150820-1432.jar:]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.101.v20150820-1432.jar:]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.101.v20150820-1432.jar:]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.101.v20150820-1432.jar:]

Hi,

Which version of openhab are you using?

Cato

I found a small python script, which is able to export the android e-control datafiles.

FYI, i modifed the script to work with python3 & automatically creates a file with the transform syntax.

Hi all,
I’ve tried to configure this binding with new purchased Broadlink RM Pro. Binding see it as RM2 but RM Bridge return error that itsn’t RM2 :frowning:
I unable to get any code for testing binding itself. I’ve tryed to get POWER_ON from example posted here but nothing happence and I can see next error in the log:
"14:15:06.735 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ‘TV_BR’ received command TV_POWER_ON
14:15:06.736 [WARN ] [.core.transform.TransformationHelper] - Cannot get service reference for transformation service of type MAP
14:15:06.736 [ERROR] [dlink.handler.BroadlinkRemoteHandler] - Failed to get MAP transformation service for thing Broadlink RM2 [192.168.2.69]; is bundle installed? "

Using this bundle I able to get temperature from broadlink at least :slight_smile:
“14:14:47.851 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - BR_Temperature changed from 25.200000762939453 to 25.100000381469727”

I’m looking for any help and advice.

Thanks!

Hi,

Did you install the MAP transformation service?

Cato

Hi,
Thanks for sharing this. The tool works great.

The only problem I’ve had is when exporting RF codes I see just a long string of Chinese characters in the .txt file. Have you seen this before. IR exports looks good.

Cato

No, sorry. Just using ir (rm3 only).

The new 2.1 version. The stable release