Broadlink binding for RMx, A1, SPx and MP. Any interest?

Just google “broadlink initial key” and you will find appropriate link within first three :slight_smile:
Authentication key = initial key
IV parameter = Initial vector

I have the Map transformation installed. As i said, it started out working and it wouldnt work without the transformation.

Thanks so much for your hard work on this binding! Just to let you know, I got it working flawlessly with an SP1 (I think anyway), this is the product I have for peace of mind in case anyone else wants to know if it works with openHab before purchasing.

Thanks again!

1 Like

@adw
Thanks Adam. Its good to hear that its working.

All,
I believe with this we can add SP1 to the confirmed list supported devices, which now includes A1, RM, RM2, RM3 and SP1. If any of you have SP2, SP3, MP1, MP2 or a re-branded/OEM device as Adam’s SP1 please let me know and let us work together to resolve any bugs.

Besides that I am making further progress on the S1, and I expect support to be included in the next beta version. I’m also working on a new solution for RM devices that will (optionally) remove the need for the map/transform file.

@jcf6288
I think its a good idea to include Fahrenheit. If not in the next beta version , then the one that follows.

Cato

Hi,

Please let me know if any of you have the DOOYA DT360 electric curtain motor. It is supposed to be compatible with Broadlink and it would be good if we could add support for it.

Cato

Is this binding able to support the TC2 wifi switch as well? I understand that the TC2 switch will require the RM pro to be used together and controlled using RF.

Hi,

TC2 is supported (and so is TC1 and potentially other RF based wall switches) if you have RM2/Pro. The steps to get it working is the same as for other RF devices, i.e., obtain the RF codes and insert it into your map/transform file. There are several ways to go about to get codes, but I am not sure which would works (best) for the TC2. I would try the http://rm-bridge.fun2code.de/rm_manage/code_learning.html site first. If that doesn’t work then get the code by extracting it from the e-control database, more details here https://github.com/NightRang3r/Broadlink-e-control-db-dump. Note: I could only get the rooted method work for some of my RF devices.

Cato

Is the code format in the https://github.com/eschava/broadlink-mqtt script compatible with this binding? Or would I have to relearn the remote codes?

Hi,
I don’t think you will find the required key and iv on that page. You will need to obtain the RF/IR codes for your devices by exporting them from e-control or re-learning them. See a few posts above for links.

Cato

Sorry I meant these codes which are saved when the python script linked above records the ir command

Hi,
The code appear to be in the right format. If the code is correct for you device then you should be good.

Cato

I’m trying to manually add a device. What is the network port parameter? A port number? What would the default be?

Hi,
I havent actually tested if adding devices manually works. The port should be 80.
Let me know if it works.

Cato

Cato,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Will try to see if it works.

Hi Cato,
I can’t get the rmt.db file using the comand “adb pull /data/data/com.broadlink.rmt/databases/rmt.db”.
The returning message is “adb: error: remote object ‘/data/data/com.broadlink.rmt/databases/rmt.db’ does not exist”.
I’m using the comand on mac and also pc, my android phone is rooted.
After all the things how can I transfer the files in the folder in openhab2? (I’m using openhabian on a Raspberry Pi 3).

Thanks

Hi,
I had the same problem. To solve it I installed Root Explorer on my Android handset and navigated to the folder and emailed the rmt.db file to myself.

Cato

Now that I have all the files in the mac folder, how can I get the bridge working with openhabian?

Instructions found here Broadlink binding for RMx, A1, SPx and MP. Any interest?

Hi

can I also create items with a direct command?
e.g. like

String TV_louder “TV” { channel=“broadlink:rm3:24-ea-44-b3-c2-e5:command:260046009696133713381337121313131213121313121338123813381213121313121313121312381338133d050000” }

the background is: I use HUE emulation to control alexa

so I would like to create an item that I can control that way