Broadlink binding for RMx, A1, SPx and MP. Any interest?

maybe a small tip for the future: I always use the copy channel function from PaperUI:

So I don’t make any typos :grimacing:

1 Like

iam intrested in the broadlink binding as it runs a fair amount of my automation it would be great if someone relased it sorry for the poor spelling

Hello - many thanks from a newbie for this great binding!
I read this thread carefully - but i am in trouble with the correct
"Authentication key of the device" and the"Initialization Vector".
I found the “github-Page” but for me as a “newbie” and beginner
there is no chance to see/get the right values … i know and read before -
the posting of the values is critical - can anyone pm me the correct values?
… a lot thanks!

Hello Ringo, Love your Moustage!:grin:
It’s not that hard to find!, when you search for “broadlink initial key” its the first hit you get!.
Than when you look in our disapeared friend Cato’s instructions:
_

Both need to be entered in hex string format by omitting the 0x. For example, if the key is something like 0x09, 0x76, 0x28… you will enter this as 097628… Once done, you should have two hex strings, each with a length of 32 characters

_

Ray

:rofl: such a mustage is really hard work - a night in wrong position will cause looking like a owl after a forest fire … :rofl:

… yes i have found - and my binding is now perfect - but now the work beginns. I am sure we will hear us again! :wink:

1 Like

I believe you! :yum:, learning to build a home automation system is too!, but if we help each other we will make things work!

Hi
I just got my SP2 but i cant discover, i tried to add in manually but not sure what is authentication key and IV and port. Is there any clue?

Hi there,

Just three posts up is the info you need!

… oh - Binding is now perfedt! - but as a beginner here my problems:

• The learned ir command is in the broadlink.map: VU_Volume_Minus=
    26008400591c100d100d111b101c2e1b100d110c110d100d100d110c110d1f1b1f1c100d1f1b110d100d100d1f1b110d100d100d110c110d100d1f1b110d100d100d100008eb591c100d100d101c101c2d1c100d100d110d100d100d100d110c1f1c1f1b110d1f1b100d110d100d1f1b110c110d100d100d110c110d1f1b100d110d100d10000d0500000000

• the item is set: String VU_Volume_Minus { channel=“broadlink:rm2:34-ea-34-88-f1-f3:command” }

• but I dont work with a sitemap. I build my UI with HABPanel. Here I place a buttom with a fixed command. The Item is there. and I dont now what to put in the “Command value” to send the ir command

• I just want to have 2 Buttoms: Vol up/Vol down - send a IR command for each press

Did you get the MP1 to switch off and on reliably? mine will turn on but won turn off.

1 Like

ohhhhhh - typical Beginner! … just share it for the others:

• First Mistake: In the map file I use two lines:
    "VU_Volume_Minus=
    2600840…“
    Result: The mapping is not found
    "VU_Volume_Minus=2600840…” each entry in one line! - Perfect! :wink:
  • To use it in the HubPanel with a buttom put the “VU_Volume_Minus” entry from the Map-File in the Command value - and it works! :wink:

Now a lot of work to do - with 8 IR-Remote-Controls … :sweat_smile:

1 Like

same, I guess is coding issue,
also I found once I reboot my RPI, than RM2 and RM3 will lost connection,
even things show device is online, when power reset (off power) shows offline than back online,
RM still not taking response when place command, need to remove thing and add agian.

Hi there!

I use this binding with an SP3.
Switching on and off works fine. However, I don’t know how to read the powerconsumption, that is the second channel in the binding.
I can see this channel in the Thing-definition in PaperUI.
I use this Item-declaration:

Number FonteinVerbruik "Verbruik [%s Watt]" <line> { channel="broadlink:sp3:840c1xxx:powerConsumption"}

But I don’t get any readings.
Any suggestions? :open_mouth:

Hello Marcel,
I thought the sp3 contros eu did not support power usage?do you see power usage in PaperUI?

X-Ray,

My SP3 supports power usage. I can read it in my Android App en I see the channel in PaperUi.

Is the source code for this available for this please?

hey guys, sorry about the post,
after reboot the pi, the device go online now, thanks

Hi, I have a new “mp1” strip and there is a problem. First, second and third sockets only turns on, but turning off is not working. And forth socket not working at all. Can we fix this? I can provide all information.

ps. As I see other guys have exactly the same situation.

I notice quite some interest and development progress.

Any reason why this Broadlink binding is not yet present in the latest snapshots?

Thank you for bringing broadlink-mqtt to my attention. I was trying to get my RM3 pro recognised by the broadlink bridge (unsuccessfully) when I found your post. My openhab setup is mostly via MQTT already, so this python script made it very easy.

1 Like