Broadlink binding for RMx, A1, SPx and MP. Any interest?

Please measure WiFi signal in the location where Broadlink device is located. Maybe change WiFi channel to different number?
On my installation, the connection is stable and I don’t have such errors.

Thanks for your answer.

even if the rm is close to the router, i am getting this issue

moreover, the devices are always online in the econtrol app

G

hello can you explain how you integrated broadlink RM3 mini in openhab? thank you

Off the top of my head (working at the moment), I had to:

1. Install Packet Capture on my android phone to packet capture traffic on our home network, to spot the traffic from my phone to the Broadlink (also need the e-Control app on the phone to send signals to the broadlunk)
  2. Use the apps to extract out the content of those packets (verbatim) into some txt files
  3. Copy those text files onto a Windows PC, open in PSPad in hex node and copy the contents into a new document in text mode.
  4. Use a regular expression in the text mode document to parse it into a format like \u00AB\u00CD…
  5. Copy those strings into a .map file in open HAB
  6. Wire up as normal in open HAB.

Way easier solution is to copy some files from Android and process them using this script https://github.com/NightRang3r/Broadlink-e-control-db-dump

I’m a beginner, then how do you work in OpenHab?

@Cato_Sognen hasn’t been here since half a year. So, if anybody knows how to contact him, please do so, and ask if he can upload the sourcecode to github.

in my android device I installed and used e-Control, but in the path: (/data/data/com.broadlink.rmt/databases/rmt.db) there is no Database folder with db file

This file is accessible only on rooted phones. For non-rooted you need to download JSON files as described in this link https://github.com/NightRang3r/Broadlink-e-control-db-dump

My idea is to convert JAR file with binding into proper JAVA code and upload to GitHub. What do you think?

2 Likes

If that is possible … why not. At least the source is not lost then.

For those struggling with this binding, I suggest looking at NODE-RED. It has a broadlink addon that works everytime for me. You have to copy a folder off your phone and direct it to that folder, but after that all the codes show up. I have a Number item from openhab that changes then depending on the number selected, it sends a button push to the broadlink. I have the Broadlink pro plus so I can now control all my 315 and 433 hz stuff. Of note under the addon it list all the other items that broadlink makes as well.

2 Likes

I do!!! and I have the plug at 20 cm to the router. I don’t know how the hell to disable this log entries. As class is trimmed (nk.handler.BroadlinkBaseThingHandler) I don’t now what to put in Karaf console to disable broadlink binding entries in the log

But this errors are all the time!

Regarding the IP address issue, it is strange as I can control the plug normally despite it appears as offline all the time. Binding channel specifies the MAC address so I asume control is done directly by ARP, but IP address does not match (obviously as I had some power outages since discovered the thing and ip changes half a dozen of times)

1 Like

It will be great to have access to source code (especially that I would like to add support for RM Pro+ deviceId:0x279D) but i think decompilation isn’t best way. Is there anyone who have more direct contact to Cato?

So close… Newbee here so be gentle plse. Openhab2 running on PI. Broadlink MP1 (4-socket powerpoint). Loaded the custom binding, discovered the four ports and connected the “things”. Looking at Control in PaperUI I can see the four “channels” (Things??) and can toggle the switch. This will indeed switch on the first 3 sockets - the fourth seems to be stubborn - so pretty good outcome.

but of course what comes up must come down - in this case what switches on must be switched off. No way I can make that work. Tried a dashboard on Habpanel - using a Switch template. Again - switches on just fine but while the icon states off it will not switch off…

Now if I look under Things to the Boadlink MP1 I see four channels - but only see a Poweron “method”??

Here’s what it states:

broadlink:mp1:b4-43-0d-b9-8b-57:s1powerOn

I would have expected both a Poweron and a Poweroff??

anyone any idea how to fix this??
But confused with the OpenHAB 1 and 2 methods - I like the PaperUI but understand the need for text files. Just a bit ashame that PaperUI doesn’t create the text files that can be further modified - now it’s a bit “blank sheet of paper”…

thnx

try to add it from habadmin

Not sure what to try - Habmin shows the same info as PaperUI…

There is nothing wrong with the discovered item with Paper UI, it is ok as long as the IP will not change. The thing is that item name includes the MAC address (e.g. ‘broadlink:sp2:34-ea-34-f5-ae-ff’), so IP should’t be necessary nor desirable to be specified.

I’ll try with static IP assignments within the router, but it’s cumbersome solution.

Meantime, “log:set OFF org.openhab.binding.broadlink.handler.BroadlinkBaseThingHandler” in Karaf console does the job of eliminating the annoying “[ERROR] [nk.handler.BroadlinkBaseThingHandler] - IO error: Broadlink Device: Socket is closed” messages filling up the log

IP-Address is neccessary and desired means of communication in IP networks. Why should the system all the time scan all IP-Adresses to find all mac-adresses, just to find a special device?

This is the desired solution in any IP-Network, works all the time and in no way cumbersome. I would not think of an IP-based service without a fix IP-Adress defined. And a good way is to distribute them over DHCP.

all my broadlink device have static IP and i am getting socket closed in the log

but it works even if the status is red