Broadlink / Floureon/Hysen-Thermostat Binding

Hi
Is their a list what Thermostad is working ?

Hi,
devices with Tuya should be able to be flashed with other firmware. See:
Mikes Thermostat
Joerg

Hello Florian,

could you please add the ability od ADJ settings change, please?
Im unable to get it works :-(.

Thank you very much
J.

Hi all, first of all, thanks a lot to @flo-02-mu Florian for developing this addon.

I have following this post time ago, but not until now I have decided to use it. I have some questions, that would be happy to know before use the addon. I will use it with a Beok thremostat. I donā€™t know yet if it works, but I hope that yes!

The questions are:

• I have found several binding versions, I supose that the last one (0.1.10) are the correct to use more debbuged one. The one that is on the first post is 0.1.7.
  • Is the binding able to send commands to the thermostat? Or only to read temp, state, etc? I would to do the automation of switch on/off based on OpenHAB, so I need to send commands to it.
  • And the last one: There is some documentation to create things and items? I will use the discovery to recover the parameters of thermostat (I know the IP, but not key, etc), but once done it, I will prefer to make the things and items manually.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Ruben

Well, I have tested itā€¦ and all works perfectly. I have installed last version found on thread (0.1.10), auto discovered the thermostat at first attempt watching the log. I have created manually a .items (not things, I used the things created by autodiscover).

My only doubtā€¦ can I switch on or off the thermostat from the OH? Or is a ā€œread onlyā€ addon?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Ruben

Wellā€¦ it seems to actuate to Beok Thermostatā€¦ but not sureā€¦ or some strange interaction with Beok App. Also donā€™t understand very well about ā€œautoā€ / ā€œmanualā€ mode, because I have actually in ā€œautoā€ mode, but message from Beok inform that is on ā€œmanualā€, but changing it, seems to change on thermostatā€¦

Edited:
Very good, it is working also to send comands to the thermostats.

Thanks again to @flo-02-mu Florian. I think that this binding must be on OpenHAB official bindings.

Ruben

@flo-02-mu Iā€™m using your binding a few weeks now and itā€™s working really great.
Will you port this binding to the upcoming openhab 3 release?

If somehow possible, yes. As I am using 4 of these devices on my own, I have a high interest in upgrading as well. :wink: The issue is: The work relies on a 3rd party library (GitHub - mob41/broadlink-java-api: A clean Broadlink API for Java) that is not yet java 11 compatible. There are PRs out though. If there is no movement, I might need to for the lib and bundle it directly. The issue with the library is also that it is reverse engineered and thatā€™s why it is probably hard to include it into OH directly.
I was also thinking about integrating it into the other broadlink binding, but that one has a totally different focus. So maybe Iā€™ll rename mine to just narrow it down to the thermostats. Letā€™s see. Somehow this binding will continue. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s good news. Sounds like a lot of work though. Thanks for the effort that are putting in that binding!

Shouldnt be OH3 compatible to all OH2 bindings? So it might work or not?
But a ā€œstand aloneā€ binding would be great to. Maybe u can intigrate it offical to OH :ok_hand:

I finally took the action to create a PR: https://github.com/openhab/openhab-addons/pull/9260
Build that is supposed to work with Openhab 3.0 is available for download at https://github.com/flo-02-mu/openhab2-addons/releases/tag/0.2.0

could you please add the ability od ADJ settings change, please?
Im unable to get it works :-(.

I might pick up feature work again if the binding got integrated into openhab.

hi =)
can u take a look at this. sometimes it comes every few minutes. sometime hours without ?!

2021-01-09 00:31:01.053 [ERROR] [al.handler.FloureonThermostatHandler] - Error while retrieving data for broadlinkthermostat:floureonthermostat:34021da816

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 34 out of bounds for length 0

at com.github.mob41.blapi.pkt.cmd.hysen.BaseHysenCommand.execute(BaseHysenCommand.java:38) ~[bundleFile:?]

at com.github.mob41.blapi.dev.hysen.BaseHysenDevice.getAdvancedStatus(BaseHysenDevice.java:102) ~[bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.binding.broadlinkthermostat.internal.handler.FloureonThermostatHandler.refreshData(FloureonThermostatHandler.java:192) [bundleFile:?]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:305) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:305) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]

FYI, the PR for the binding has been merged, so with release 3.1 it will officially be part of openhab. And thanks to the code review there are some improvements under the hood.

Congratulations!!!

You found some solution

Hello Florian,

the temperature offset ā€œtemperature offsetā€ is not changing the value.
After refreshing data from thermostat, the value is changed back.
Is it possible to fix it please? Iā€™m novic in Java, and i canā€™t to fix it :-(.

Thank you very much,
Juraj

Hey,

is there solution for the COMMUNICATION_ERROR
ā€œError while retrieving data for broadlinkthermostat:floureonthermostat:Temp: Index 34 out of bounds for length 0ā€?

Christoph

Unfortunatly i was upgrading from OH3.3 to 4.0 before i used the binding from there: https://community.openhab.org/t/broadlink-binding-for-rmx-a1-spx-and-mp-any-interest/22768/1557

unfortunatly at the moment OH is unable to find my rm3mini [FW v44057] device via scanning. Adding manually will show it online but activating learning mode does not work.

extract openhab.log:
2023-08-06 08:39:17.951 [WARN ] [com.github.mob41.blapi.BLDevice ] - RM2 enter learning received error: fffffffb / -5

extract openhab.events.log
2023-08-06 08:39:17.910 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ā€˜Rm_Universal_Device_Learning_Modeā€™ received command ON
2023-08-06 08:39:17.911 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item ā€˜Rm_Universal_Device_Learning_Modeā€™ predicted to become ON
2023-08-06 08:39:17.911 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateUpdatedEvent ] - Item ā€˜Rm_Universal_Device_Learning_Modeā€™ updated to ON
2023-08-06 08:39:17.911 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ā€˜Rm_Universal_Device_Learning_Modeā€™ changed from OFF to ON
2023-08-06 08:39:17.914 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ā€˜Rm_Universal_Device_Learning_Modeā€™ received command ON
2023-08-06 08:39:17.915 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item ā€˜Rm_Universal_Device_Learning_Modeā€™ predicted to become ON
2023-08-06 08:39:17.915 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateUpdatedEvent ] - Item ā€˜Rm_Universal_Device_Learning_Modeā€™ updated to ON
2023-08-06 08:39:17.918 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ā€˜Rm_Universal_Device_Learning_Modeā€™ received command ON
2023-08-06 08:39:17.918 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item ā€˜Rm_Universal_Device_Learning_Modeā€™ predicted to become ON
2023-08-06 08:39:17.918 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateUpdatedEvent ] - Item ā€˜Rm_Universal_Device_Learning_Modeā€™ updated to ON
2023-08-06 08:39:17.920 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ā€˜Rm_Universal_Device_Learning_Modeā€™ received command ON
2023-08-06 08:39:17.921 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item ā€˜Rm_Universal_Device_Learning_Modeā€™ predicted to become ON
2023-08-06 08:39:17.921 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateUpdatedEvent ] - Item ā€˜Rm_Universal_Device_Learning_Modeā€™ updated to ON
2023-08-06 08:39:17.952 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateUpdatedEvent ] - Item ā€˜Rm_Universal_Device_Learning_Modeā€™ updated to ON
2023-08-06 08:39:17.968 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateUpdatedEvent ] - Item ā€˜Rm_Universal_Device_Learning_Modeā€™ updated to ON
2023-08-06 08:39:17.986 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateUpdatedEvent ] - Item ā€˜Rm_Universal_Device_Learning_Modeā€™ updated to ON
2023-08-06 08:39:18.004 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateUpdatedEvent ] - Item ā€˜Rm_Universal_Device_Learning_Modeā€™ updated to ON
2023-08-06 08:39:19.354 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ā€˜Rm_Universal_Device_Learning_Modeā€™ received command OFF
2023-08-06 08:39:19.354 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item ā€˜Rm_Universal_Device_Learning_Modeā€™ predicted to become OFF
2023-08-06 08:39:19.355 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateUpdatedEvent ] - Item ā€˜Rm_Universal_Device_Learning_Modeā€™ updated to OFF
2023-08-06 08:39:19.355 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ā€˜Rm_Universal_Device_Learning_Modeā€™ changed from ON to OFF
2023-08-06 08:39:24.494 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ā€˜Rm_Universal_Device_Learning_Modeā€™ received command ON
2023-08-06 08:39:24.495 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item ā€˜Rm_Universal_Device_Learning_Modeā€™ predicted to become ON
2023-08-06 08:39:24.496 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateUpdatedEvent ] - Item ā€˜Rm_Universal_Device_Learning_Modeā€™ updated to ON
2023-08-06 08:39:24.496 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ā€˜Rm_Universal_Device_Learning_Modeā€™ changed from OFF to ON
2023-08-06 08:39:24.513 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateUpdatedEvent ] - Item ā€˜Rm_Universal_Device_Learning_Modeā€™ updated to ON

Any Idea how to tell the Binding using coirrect version of device?