Broke my MQTT2 config: mqtt.TransformationServiceProvider cannot be found

Using Openhabian with Openhab 2.5.0 #1562 with Mosquittto installed

Receiving a ton of these messages in the logs:

FrameworkEvent ERROR - org.openhab.binding.mqtt.generic
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/openhab/binding/mqtt/TransformationServiceProvider
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.openhab.binding.mqtt.TransformationServiceProvider cannot be found by org.openhab.binding.mqtt.generic_2.5.0.201903282223

I was copying and pasting from github to a new things file to be lazy instead of adding generic MQTT things through PaperUI like all of my other MQTT2 things are configured. Once I saved the .things file I noticed a new MQTT system broker and all of my MQTT2 things broke. MQTT1 items are still working fine. I removed the new MQTT broker, added a new one through the MQTT service, and have switched a couple of things to the new one, switched them back to the old one that is online, uninstalled and reinstalled the MQTT2 binding but my generic MQTT things are still Uninitialized. I’ve been searching through forums yesterday evening and this morning and reading as much as I can about the MQTT2 binding, but I have not been able to figure out how to undo my breaking config.

I am 95% certain this is the culprit that installed the new broker when my MQTT2 things broke:
miflora.things excerpt

Bridge mqtt:systemBroker:MqttBroker "MQTT Broker" [ brokerid="embedded-mqtt-broker" ]

I’ve since deleted the .things file and removed the new thing for the systemBroker, but I assume it installed the new embedded broker or something else conflicting with my mqtt2 broker.

I’m wondering if it’s not because I also updated to the latest snapshot. I was able to find this:

I’m taking a backup and will try to downgrade to stable and see if that fixes it.

Yep, that was it. I downgraded to the latest testing release and everything is rocking again. I should know better than to upgrade AND make a major change at the same time instead of doing one at a time, made troubleshooting far more difficult as I thought my change broke it not my upgrade. That goes to show how reliable using the latest snapshots has been for me, this is probably the only time I’ve had an issue in three years, but I also only upgrade every month or so. Love this software.