[BTicino/OpenWebNet] New openHAB2 binding ready for testing

Restarted just now and its stays off line… So its dead now :frowning:

With no massimo we are now sunk

Massimo in no more available?

Don’t think so. He has not posted since Jan this year. Doesn’t answer PM’s either but does seem to be lurking

Ahi ahi

same problem: restart did not fix it

OMG, just installed PiHole and thought this was putting my gateway to OFFLINE…seems the binding expired…Massimo…we need you dearly!!

Funny… ha ha…its not, but sadly I was expecting this to happen at some point and was just testing my openwebnet binding Offline automatic detection (it works) and auto restart (almost working) using a rule and a script. I will post the code if openwebnet gets fixed but maybe I am pessimitistic because from what I know already it doesn’t seem likely. Michele aka Gozzilla could maybe have helped, if Massimo is unable or unwilling for some reason, but he too disappeared a while ago.

PiHole is great, been using that for a long time now :slight_smile:

edit… while trying to figure why Massimo does not post anymore I noticed that his last posts in Jan 2019 were concerning this very topic… expired binding… coincidence?

@m4rk do you want to say the solution is to install the beta 9.1?

I do not know what you mean. Could you please explain more.

no i do not think so. this worked back then in january 2019 because the old binding expired. but now the actual binding is expired and i suppose nothing will work.

Sorry, I‘ve seen you added a link to a solved gateway problem. I thought this could be the solution to the actual expired binding.
Anyway, I‘m following this thread since I first started with OH. Having a Bticino bus system for 10 years now, I‘ve been struggling to get it to work with OH2. I‘m no programmer, every bit of code has to be googled. I‘m learning, but with no base knowledge…it‘s not easy. I don‘t complain! I admire the work of Massimo and the devotion of everyone.
My system (Alexa, OH2, Bticino) worked until yesterday. Is there no way to get a solution? The code is there…
If you know another way of communication (Line, Discord), feel free to send me a link.

Hi, I posted the link not as the solution to the current problem but to show that the last input from Massimo was concerning this same problem but for a previous version. It looks like we are here again but this time with no Massimo. I guess he knew we would run into the same issue around about now unless there was a more permanent solution; which I think he was working on for an official OH release of the binding.

So all we can do is wait and hope that @massi gives a sign of life and tells us his plans…

somebody here who knows if it would be possible to create a new jar-file when able to setup an eclipse-enviroment? are all needed files available on github?

sorry i am not a programmer and not able to do that, only thinking about solutions…

I already tried to install eclipse and got some install errors… its going to be a long haul … sigh… I have java sdk v13, maybe thats the issue :upside_down_face:

sorry i don´t know, i read somewhere that java 8 jdk is needed for eclipse ide

This is not funny. When he developed this binging he basically told everyone to switch from the old binding to this one because it was great etc etc. We all appreciated his work but now he doesn’t even tell us if he will publish a new version of it (I am afraid it will not happen) but he reads the replies.
Anyone knows a way we can use the files from this binding in order to create a new jar file and continue using the binding as it is?

i don´t know how to do this, but i beleive it must be possible because long time ago i received a jar-file with some enhancements and less bugs for testing-purposes. poor that this other guy is not available since nearly one year, too. so the binding from him already expired last year.

Ran into the connection cannot be established error, decompiling thru it is a date check in the openwebnet-lib library. Since the source code for the library is not part of GitHub its not a straight forward fix. Did a byte code edit and reassemble back and the new one seems to be working for me. The new expiry is now 2021-03-14 15:00:00. Pushed the jar here [https://github.com/jebu/openhab2-addons/releases/tag/own-2.5.0.M3-patch]. Hopefully it will suffice till @massi puts out an official release.

8 Likes

This solved the problem for me! Thank You!! Now let’s just wait and hope for an official release…