[BTicino/OpenWebNet] New openHAB2 binding ready for testing

sorry i don´t use this kind of rules so i cannot tell if it works - but just try it to see

its just what the names suggest´, just imagine you have an physical switch on the wall:
START_PRESSURE is sent evey time you touch the switch
SHORT_PRESSURE is sent if you press the switch shorter than 0,5sec (sent at the moment when you release)
EXTENDED_PRESSURE is sent if you keep the switch pressed longer than 0,5 sec, will continuosly be sent again as long as you hold presse (good for dimming rules)
RELEASE_EXTENDED_PRESSURE is sent when you release the switch after having it pressed longer than 0,5 sec before
depending on what you want to realize one or another command can be better, especially when you want to use one switch for more than one action

ok i will give a try. thanks for all!

Hi,

I have been busy for the last year but am now starting to get back into this. I have OH3.0.0 installed on a test PI but not touched if for nearly a year. Is this still the correct thread for OH3 version of this binding? If so, the title needs changing.

Probably I forgot a lot and will be rusty for a while. Back to noobie for a while too.

When I left it all that I was missing was CEN and the remotewireless temperature probe both of which worked in OH2.

What’s the current status of CEN, CENplus integration, temperature proble and how to test?.. Uninstallthe official binding and download jar file? … from where?

Cheers Mark

Hi Mark,
The official thread for new features (like termoregulation and energy management) on OH3 binding is here:

Here you can find a dedicated thread for CEN/CEN+ support:

Thanks. I saw those but there was no general OH3 thread for the binding like we had for OH2. The binding info in OH3 includes links to the community.

So, I created one

For those interested in testing DryContact + IR interface support, I released an alpha version.
See here for more information:

Thanks Massi for the great work on expanding this binding!
I don’t own any bticino sensor but appreciate the effort :smiley:

Hi There,
I’m running OH3.2 and my active power readings are every 30 secs. Any chance to get more frequent readings?
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but I’ve been out for a while and searched the forum for news on this topic without success.
thx!
ciao!

I think is the bticino meter itself that “publish” the power measurament every 30 sec.
Did you check in the bticino app how often it’s updated?

In myhomeUp I see it’s updated usually every 30 sec, sometimes less but rarely

@llegovich it’s not possible to set more frequent readings.

I think is the bticino meter itself that “publish” the power measurament every 30 sec.

@enrico.mcc you’re right

In reality, the meter publishes every 30sec but there is also a way to “ask” for a reading, but this would require to implement a polling mechanism in the binding which I don’t know if it has been implemented.
The issue with 30sec readings is that if you want to switch off any devices when the power consumption is too high, you usually need to react fast (in Italy you need to ensure that the avg consumption in the last 2 mins is below a specific threshold, otherwise your power is going to be cut off). And you also need not to be over-reacting so you need to pick few readings and react on the avg rather than react on just one reading.
In 2 mins you only have 4 readings, but in order to have an impact on avg power consumption you’d better react after just 1 min, so 2 readings only.

Polling could be done also by a script running out of the binding: the answers caused by the polling script would be read by the binding as they are shared events that the binding is already reading.
Unfortunately I couldn’t find a script which is able to interact with the OWN bus and can be run on my RBPI.

I am thinking about bypassing my bticino load control using an opehab rule.
Something like:
Trigger: every time the power item changes
Rule:
if the average value over the last 60 second (so at least 2 measurements) is above the threshold (in my case 6600W)
then check item 1 ( the first that should ne turned off) power consumption and if it’s above xxx turn it off.
Else proceed with the other items until one over the threshold is found and turned off.

Do you think that having only 2 measurements would be a reliability issue?

I have a similar rule and it’s currently working, but my rule reacts on just 1 reading as my threshold is quite extreme (5.7kW with 4.5kW contractual power limit) and the tolerance is allowed for 2 mins only.
What I see is that the rule reacts on peaks and cuts the power to the heat-pump, which is not ideal, that’s why I aas looking for more frequent readings.

I see that your threshold is 6.6kW so I guess you have a 6kW contract and you want to react on the +10% threshold: did you check the rules for the tolerance? In my contract the tolerance is +30% for 2 mins and +10% for 2 hours.

Yes I have a 6kw contract, that means that I can use up to 6.6kw with no limitation. So my rule would trigger over 6.6.
If you stay over 6.6 for more than 2 minutes than the meter will disconnect the power: the rule should prevent this from happening.
I agree with you on the need of using an “average” measurement, and from your experience it seems that 1 measurement in inadequate. So I was wondering if 1 minute observation period with only 2 measurements would be enough.
Or maybe 3 measurements should be used (so usually 90 seconds)

hello, thanks Massi, great work!
in the past version there was thing “LocalMode” : it’s developing is in your plans?

an other thing: Target Temp before was R/W but now is ReadOnly, correct?

the thermoregulation is already in developement. at the moment not all functions are implemented, see here:

https://community.openhab.org/t/openwebnet-support-for-central-units-in-thermoregulation/129416

most important what already works is channel temperature for actual temperature and setpointTemperature wich allows you to change the target temperature in the 3550 central, BUT for now only if you set in central to “manual”, if you have set “automatic” the value will be overwritten.

thanks! I know…

I’m using this binding since openhab 1.3 … and that things was working…

Hi All,
Happy New Year 2022 to you.

I wanted to share that I migrate from OH 2.5 to OH 3.2 and the OpenWebNet binding is rock solid. I am not having any issues at all.

Thank you
Espresso

1 Like

Hi Folks,
I see you have the same GUI as me. How do you find the adress of the device ?
I am not able to find this in the myHomeSuite software !?

How to get thescreen or the address of the devices please ?