[BTicino/OpenWebNet] New openHAB2 binding ready for testing

Hi Fulvio,
BTicini/OpenWebNet in OH2.3 at the moment support Automation, Swicth and Thermo.
No AUX support

Error Installing from “Marketplace”:

First I remove beta7 “manualy” installed (from addons/)

• From Karaf console: bundle:uninstall <ID>
  • remove jar from addons/ folder

When In PaperUI I go to “Add-ons” and click to “OpenWebNet 2.x Binding Install” I have a error:

“binding-4138499: Binding cannot be installed: Error reading bundle content.”

Plz try again, one link was broken in the repo.
M

Hi,
I have a few discovered switch Things that stay in the undefined state fro a long time. Since discovery I haven’t needed to use these switches. The state does change to ON or OFF when I use them. Is this the expected behaviour. Undefined state until the switch is actually used?

Also,

I have been playing around with Lights and blinds groups definitions. For lights I can get the site map to show how many lights are ON in the group. But for blinds I haven’t found a away to get a useful group state number. Has anyone else manged to get the group to show how many blinds are actually open?

Thx Mark

Hi @m4rk , yes this is expected : after a discovery, state stays UNDEF until state changes (or you send command form OH).
I may add a feature to check state after a discovery or restart/disconnect or even periodically … you are invited to submit a new issue for this if you like with some use case you want to be solved.

One idea could be to use MIN (or MAX) of the group blinds positions. If it’s different from 100% or 0% you can derive in a rule that at least one blind must be open/closed .

Massimo

I tried MIN, MAX, SUM, AND(DOWN,UP), AND (UP,DOWN), OR(UP, DOWN), OR(DOWN,UP) but all give numbers that are not the exact number of blinds open, unlike the Lights group. Interestingly the the dynamic Group icon shows closed, open or partial open. So, I gave up on using numbers for the group state and use the group icon instead. I just wondered if it could be done or not…

Regarding the UNDEF initial state. I noticed it when some rules fail to execute the first time. eg

rule ‘my rule’
when
my_switch changes from ON to OFF
then
do some stuff
end

The rule will not run until the switch is first in state ON. Its only really a problem during the testing phase when I am repeatedly running discovery or restarting openhab.

I think the behaviour is different after an Openhab restart. I have to confirm it but I think some items are initially undefined and a few seconds later change to known state. So, creating a rule to take care of the undefined state could cause more problems.

Blockquote[quote=“massi, post:192, topic:43377, full:true”]
Plz try again, one link was broken in the repo.
M
[/quote]

Thanks is OK now

Hello!
Thanks to Massimo, from what I read, it’s a great binding!
Right now I’m using the old binding 12 snapshot for controlling rollershutters depending on the sun radiation and sun set/rise but specially for controlling my heating and switch the status when I’m not at home or when a window is open.
Some questions: is it possible to intercept messages from the LN4691 termostats regarding the status of heating? 303 or 111 status.
Is it also possible to receive messages from the heating central 3550? 1101, 1102 etc status?
Seems that it should be with Operation Mode and Set Mode. Could you post eventually an example of the sitemap and the thing?

Thank you very much!

Tom

hi tom,
i use a 3550 and 4693 sensors. this is what i set up
in things:

bus_thermostat      EG_ThTmp_Buero              "EG_ThTmp_Buero"              [ where="17"]

and in sitemap:

Frame label="Heizung" icon="heating"{
	Default item=EG_ThTmp_Buero icon="temperature"
	Default item=EG_ThOffs_Buero visibility=[EG_ThOffs_Buero!="NORMAL"]
	Text label="Heizung aktiv!" labelcolor=["red"] item=EG_ThHeiz_Buero icon="heating" visibility=[EG_ThHeiz_Buero=="ON"]
	Text label="Kühlung aktiv!" labelcolor=["blue"] item=EG_ThKuehl_Buero icon="climate" visibility=[EG_ThKuehl_Buero=="ON"]
	Default item=EG_ThZiel_Buero
	Default item=EG_ThInf_Buero
	Setpoint item=EG_ThSet_Buero icon="temperature"
	Selection item=EG_ThMod_Buero icon="radiator" valuecolor=[AUTO="green", MANUAL="orange", PROTECTION="blue", OFF="red"] mappings=[AUTO="Auto", MANUAL="Manuell", PROTECTION="Frostschutz", OFF="Aus"]
	}

sorry, no experience with rules yet. i close my shutters depending on a light-sensor on the roof and a cenario.

perhaps this helps :wink:

bye, stefan

Hallo Stefan!
Thank you very much!
Don’t you need also an item file?

of course tom :blush:

here it is:

Number:Temperature EG_ThTmp_Buero "Temperatur" (EG_Buero) {channel="openwebnet:bus_thermostat:MH200N:EG_ThTmp_Buero:temperature"}

String EG_ThOffs_Buero "Offset" (EG_Buero) {channel="openwebnet:bus_thermostat:MH200N:EG_ThTmp_Buero:localMode"}

Switch EG_ThHeiz_Buero "Heizung" (EG_Buero) {channel="openwebnet:bus_thermostat:MH200N:EG_ThTmp_Buero:heating"}

Switch EG_ThKuehl_Buero "Kühlung" (EG_Buero) {channel="openwebnet:bus_thermostat:MH200N:EG_ThTmp_Buero:cooling"}

Number:Temperature EG_ThZiel_Buero "Zieltemperatur" (EG_Buero) {channel="openwebnet:bus_thermostat:MH200N:EG_ThTmp_Buero:targetTemperature"}

String EG_ThInf_Buero "Modus" (EG_Buero) {channel="openwebnet:bus_thermostat:MH200N:EG_ThTmp_Buero:activeMode"}

Number:Temperature EG_ThSet_Buero "Solltemperatur" (EG_Buero) {channel="openwebnet:bus_thermostat:MH200N:EG_ThTmp_Buero:setpointTemperature"}

String EG_ThMod_Buero "Modus" (EG_Buero) {channel="openwebnet:bus_thermostat:MH200N:EG_ThTmp_Buero:setMode"}

Message NUMBER 200 !!!
This topic is getting popular! thanks for your participation!
:slight_smile:

Yes, they are already detected, they should change the activeMode (“Operation Mode”) channel.

Program messages (11xx) are currently ignored by the binding, but if you send me some logs (in DEBUG mode, see README for howto) and examples/suggestions of what you would like to see in PaperUI when you switch in 3550 a Zone to a specific program, then I will try to handle that case as well.
Even better if you submit a new issue with the log showing the messages sent from the central 3550 when switching to one of those programs (every message seen on the BUS is logged by the binding).

bye
Massimo

Good sitemap example @bastler.
If you do not mind I may add it to the README (slightly changed) to be useful for everyone.

massimo

@massi
it makes me proud if my example is usefull for the readme, of course you can add it :+1:

Thanks Stefan and Massimo!
Unfortunately I can’t test it right now. Anyway I use the commands to the 3550 to load a program with lower temperatures when I’m not at home (program 1102) and to switch it off, when I’m away for more time.
The command I send is 41101*#0## (asterisk 4 asterisk 1101…)
Thanks
Tom

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 96 hours unless flagged)

Hi Massimo, I’m now approaching the openhab and raspberry world. I installed on raspberry pi3 b, the pre-configured image of OpenHab and later, your building “openwebnet”, with some difficulty, given the first steps in this world, but I managed a distant dialogue my home automation system with the rasp, I can manage the lights … I have a problem, not so how to solve. First of all I want to point out that I came across this world, to be able to use my home automation system through google home. With this premise, return to the problem, which concerns the configuration with google home. I installed my work service, run the configuration and the device online, it also becomes my google home,
I could not even find the sitemap. From the Android app “openhab” in the Home, I have the Things and I can manage all the lights, both locally and from the cloud, but I only have all the “actuators” I do not have the division by groups / house plan etc. and also I did not understand how to create scenarios.
I hope I have been clear and I hope for help.

hi nicola,

groups you have to define in your items-file. for example like this:

Group Home "MyHome" &lt;house&gt;

Group AH "Outside" &lt;garden&gt; (Home)

Group EG "Groundfloor" &lt;groundfloor&gt; (Home)

Group EG_Flur "Corridor" &lt;corridor&gt; (Home, EG)

Group AH_Garten "Garden" &lt;garden&gt; (Home, AH)

Dimmer EG_Li_Flur "Spots [%.0f %%]" &lt;DimmableLight&gt; (EG_Flur) {channel="openwebnet:bus_dimmer:MH200N:EG_Li_Flur:brightness"}

Switch EG_Li_FlurDekolampe "Dekolampe" (EG_Flur) {channel="openwebnet:bus_on_off_switch:MH200N:EG_Li_FlurDekolampe:switch"}

Switch AH_Li_TerrasseKugeln "Leuchtkugeln" (AH_Garten) {channel="openwebnet:bus_on_off_switch:MH200N:AH_Li_TerrasseKugeln:switch"}

Switch AH_Li_PoolLED "LED-Beleuchtung" (AH_Garten) {channel="openwebnet:bus_on_off_switch:MH200N:AH_Li_PoolLED:switch"}

scenarios are implemented not yet!

and for google i cannot help, sorry.

So finally, I had time to install the binding! Hadn’t any difficulty in doing it.
The discovery of the things is great.
Rollershutter are working great. But when I send a percentage like “sendCommand(Tapp1, 20)” it goes first to that percentage and then to 100…
Regarding the 3550 I don’t see anything in the logfile as I don’t have any item. With the 1.12 binding I had that item {bticino=“if=webserver;who=4;what=100;where=2”}
How should I define it here?

Thank you very much
Tom

Good that things work!

Did you first calibrate the rollershutters as described in the README ?
For percent commands to work, a complete calibration must be performed first either automatic or by inserting the shutterRun duration of a full run.

Each thermostat in your system should be discovered by the binding, so you should have found a WHERE=2 thermostat in your Inbox. The central unit is not supported for now in the binding, so for example you cannot change setpoint temp for all your thermostats at once, but still you can group your thermostats in a OH group and obtain the same behaviour…
Also WHAT=100 does not look like a valid parameter for Thermo function.

Massimo