[BTicino/OpenWebNet] New openHAB2 binding ready for testing

Thank you @m4rk and @enrico.mcc.

Is there a chance to add a slider to the rollershutter item?
So that you can set a fixed rollershutter position. And dont need to wait until it is there?

to what interface?
Using Habpanel yes!
In google home app no.

Basic UI

Is it possible binding has expired?

@massi So I guess that your binding couldn’t make it for the 2.5 release, unfortunately ? What is the recommended way to install and use the binding with OH 2.5 ? Thank you in advance.

The new Alexa skill features are now available

https://github.com/openhab/openhab-alexa/blob/master/USAGE.md#setup

https://github.com/openhab/openhab-alexa/blob/master/USAGE.md#semantic-extensions

I have open close, raise and lower working with the BUS blinds without the need for the Alexa routine and proxy switch work around.

I am still playing around with the possibilities but here is what I have so far.

Rollershutter Test "Test blinds" {alexa="RangeController.rangeValue" [category="EXTERIOR_BLIND",supportedRange="0:100:10", unitOfMeasure="Percent", actionMappings="Close=100,Open=0,Lower=(+10),Raise=(-10)"], channel="openwebnet:bus_automation:Screen10:55:shutter" }

am not sure how I do a ‘stop’ so I asked here

edit… short answer = No STOP semantic yet. Possible skill work around. See above link.

Mark,

thanks for the info, please let us know when you have a stop command working.
Could you post the thing asociated to this item?

@massi
Hi Massimo with the new opengah 2.5 version would we finally have an official binding and therefore no expiration?

1 Like

I didn’t post the Thing as that was not changed. Its the standard Thing for a blind.

Regarding the STOP Alexa command. I am in discussion with the developer about how it might be done but I am not an expert. If anyone else here has an interest in this too please visit the Alexa skill thread and add your input:

Maybe @massi et al might have some better ideas than I on how to get the BTicino binding working better with the Alexa skill. In that case it would be good to discuss this now with the Alexa skill developer @jeshab while we have his attention :grinning:

eg There are also some discussions on Alexa issues with dimmers but I myself haven’t played with that part yet. eg Increase, Decrease commands.

thank you for your feedback with alexa and openwebnet binding: I have OH 2.4 on a synology nas and I would like to update do 2.5 M6 (?) but I’m afraid to lose something because I have a yamaha home theatre, spotity, alexa, btcino…habadmin graph, mysql persistence…

Hi everybody,

yesterday I have updated to OH 2.5 stable. Since then I’m getting this error:

2019-12-18 13:52:54.482 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: https://github.com/mvalla/openhab2-addons/releases/download/own-2.5.0.M3/org.openhab.binding.openwebnet-2.5.0.M3.jar

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.openwebnet [267]

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: gnu.io; version="[3.14.0,4.0.0)"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:520) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

I have no connection to my OWN GateWay at the moment.
Have someone experienced the same behavior?

Hi again,

for some reason I focused on the message:

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: gnu.io; version="[3.14.0,4.0.0)"

I just followed someone’s suggestion to install the Serial Binding (binding-serial1 - 1.14.0) and now it’s working.

Hope someone find this useful in case you’re in trouble :smiley:

You have to do these steps from the installation procedures again:

2. Activate Dependencies

After the binding has been installed, from Marketplace or manually, some features dependencies must be activated manually :

• from Karaf console:
    • feature:install openhab-transport-serial
    • for openHAB 2.4.x:
      • feature:install esh-io-transport-upnp
    • for openHAB 2.5.x and later:
      • feature:install openhab-core-io-transport-upnp

The binding should now be installed: check in PaperUI > Configuration > Bindings .

After upgrading the binding to a new version, there is no need to activate dependencies again.

However dependencies must be activated again if you upgrade openHAB to a new version or clean its cache.

Hi Max!

I have done this in fact:

* feature:install openhab-transport-serial
* for openHAB 2.5.x and later:
* `feature:install openhab-core-io-transport-upnp`

But didn’t solve my problem. Only after installind the Serial Binding I got everything working… :thinking:

I have upgraded from an OH 2.4, don’t know if my setup is corrupt or not, OWN failure is just one of all problems I’m facing right now. I’ll try a clean setup these days…

Hi all,
i have a running setup with a openhabian on a raspberry pi 3 with the actual build openwebnet binding.

Now i have installed a second setup on a raspberry pi4 4gb also with the actual raspian and i have installed the openwebnet binding from the eclipse market. I see it in the bundle list and i see that it is installed in the addons.
think
Here is my problem :smiley:, i dont’ see the binding at Configuration -> Things -> +

Is this issue known?

BG Patrick

Hi,

I have voice commands now working with Alexa without need for an Alexa routine. ‘Alexa, Open, Close, Raise, Lower blind’ all work without Alexa routines or openHAB rules and proxy items. I now use the more capable v3 Alexa tagging. There was an issue with mixed language and locations like me. English language but in located Austria with .de Amazon server. However, Jeremy, the Alexa skill developer quickly fixed that bug.

The one missing command is STOP and for that I still need an openHAB work around. STOP will be added to the Alexa skill in a future update.

Here is the code with the stop work around: I will update it if needed later. It may need some polishing but it works.

items file

Group OfficeTest "Office test blind" {alexa="Endpoint.Other"}
String OfficeBlindStop "Stop office blind" (OfficeTest) {alexa="ModeController.mode" [supportedModes="STOP=STOP,UP=UP, DOWN=DOWN"]} //, expire="5s,command=STOPPED"
Rollershutter OfficeBlinds "Office blinds" (OfficeTest) {alexa="RangeController.rangeValue" [category="EXTERIOR_BLIND",supportedRange="0:100:10", unitOfMeasure="Percent", actionMappings="Close=100,Open=0,Lower=(+10),Raise=(-10)"], channel="openwebnet:bus_automation:Screen10:55:shutter" }

rules file

rule "STOP BLIND"
when 
    Item OfficeBlindStop changed to 'STOP'
then
    OfficeBlinds.sendCommand(STOP)
    Thread::sleep(1000)
    OfficeBlindStop.postUpdate('STOPPED')
end

Because of the work around in order to STOP a blind you must say …’ Alexa, Set office blind to stop’

I didn’t like that and so created an Alexa rule for saying…‘Alexa, Stop blind’

If @massi sees this it would be good to check the thread for the Alexa skill because the fix for the missing stop may require some collaboration, as I said in an earlier post

If you don’t need the STOP command to work or its fixed by an update, skill and or binding, then for natural blind commands to work natively you will only need one line of code like this:

Rollershutter OfficeBlinds "Office blinds" {alexa="RangeController.rangeValue" [category="EXTERIOR_BLIND",supportedRange="0:100:10", unitOfMeasure="Percent", actionMappings="Close=100,Open=0,Lower=(+10),Raise=(-10)"], channel="openwebnet:bus_automation:Screen10:55:shutter" }

Try to look under “bindings” instead of “things”

the same at all this points. I have it running on my Raspberry 3 and i see the difference :slight_smile:
Has anyone this setup? Raspberry pi4 and Raspian? with openhab?

Here are some improvements to the code I posted earlier for Alexa control of blinds:

Voice commands like…Lower, Raise, Increase, Decrease, Open, Close and others can now all work with just a single line of item code. No rule or Alexa routine is needed. If that is indeed all you need then just use item code for the Rollershutter item shown below without the group (OfficeBlind)

To get the STOP blind command to work you need more code and must say it like this for my example below…
‘Alexa, set office test to STOP’

In this case the item code will now need an additional Group item and with members comprising two controller items. Mode to capture the STOP, UP or DOWN commands and a range controller for all other commands. An openHAB rule is also needed to issue the BUS command STOP or UP, or DOWN when the mode string item is updated.

You can, if you want but its not necessary, refine it further so it also works with nicer voice command of :
‘Alexa, Stop Office test’

To do this you also need an Alexa routine for the spoken phrase
‘Alexa, Stop Office test’

The routine will then issue the actual command STOP to the Office test Rollershutter. When setting this up the app will offer the available choices for Office test. UP, DOWN, STOP.

Final code for items and rule with STOP workaround:

Group OfficeBlind "Office test" {alexa="Endpoint.EXTERIOR_BLIND"}
    String OfficeBlindCommand "Office blind command" (OfficeBlind) {alexa="ModeController.mode" [supportedModes="STOP=STOP,UP=UP,DOWN=DOWN", autoupdate="false"]} 
    Rollershutter Office_RollerShutter "Office blind [%d %%]" <blinds> (OfficeBlind,gAllBlinds) {alexa="RangeController.rangeValue" [supportedRange="0:100:10", unitOfMeasure="Percent", actionMappings="Close=100,Open=0,Lower=(+10),Raise=(-10)", stateMappings="Closed=100,Open=1:100"], channel="openwebnet:bus_automation:Screen10:55:shutter" }
rule "Office blind command"
when 
    Item OfficeBlindCommand received command STOP or
    Item OfficeBlindCommand received command UP or
    Item OfficeBlindCommand received command DOWN
then
    Office_RollerShutter.sendCommand(receivedCommand.toString)
end
1 Like

my Issue is solved. I have done a new installation and it works