[BTicino/OpenWebNet] New openHAB2 binding ready for testing

Ok, thanks, I must be missing something.

Hello everyone! Since this morning my myhomeserver is offline while all worked very well yesterday.binding problem?

019-09-15 07:00:24.120 [INFO ] [bnet.handler.OpenWebNetBridgeHandler] - ==OWN== BridgeHandler status still UNKNOWN. Setting device=openwebnet:bus_gateway:MYHOMESERVER1 to OFFLINE

==> /var/log/openhab2/events.log <==

2019-09-15 07:00:24.135 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘openwebnet:bus_gateway:MYHOMESERVER1’ changed from UNKNOWN to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR)

1 Like

same problem here!

i suppose the binding is again expired, very bad surprise …

@killer: in the binding Automation messages are inverted only for radio (Zigbee) automation using USB stick BTicino 3578, and only if USB stick firmware version is <= 1.2.3.
I will correct this in the next binding version.
I do not have radio automation devices so I cannot know up to which firmware version the inversion of UP/DOWN is present (it’s probably a bug from BTicino).
Apparently USB dongle firmware 1.2.3 is not affected.

Hi @feodor
never seen any user reporting this. This may happen for a malfunctioning USB stick or for some conflicts on USB with other hardware, it’s difficult to tell without other information.
It’s also strange that when no other lights are present there is no disconnection.
In any case I do not think it’s related to this OpenWebNet binding, so I suggest you ask to customer support by Legrand or on the official MyHome forum.

Binding version 2.5.0.M2 is expired now.

Working already on a 2.5.0.M3 but in these hours I face problems with Eclipse and the development environment (as it is happening since few months now to many OH2 developers, see here).
Will let you know here when it’s solved…

2 Likes

I understand this very well, you’re doing a great job, thank you !

hi massi,
also my bridge is offline, every release will expire? I read something on this and thanks for your great job!!!

Mine went offline too… so I guess it’s expired… once again :weary:

Same here , so whe wait for the new one, thankx again to masimo for the work!

Hi Massi is there an estimate on how long before we can get a new binding.
Alternatively is there a way of forcing Openhab to use a binding even if it is expired?

it depends on how many useless half-hours it takes to wait for Eclipse and the new build system to compile and re-compile, or to run a debug session …
The situation of the new OH2 IDE/build system has deteriorated quite a lot since bnd-tools was introduced instead of Eclipse PDE.
For example it is now impossible for me to start a debug session in Eclipse because bndtools returns this error (after 10min waiting!!!), while last night, exactly same environment and PC, I could debug.

A nightmare.

1 Like

I don’t understand anything :smile:

Thanks Massi I wish I could help but this looks complicated. Good luck. If anyone from the Openhab maintainers community is watching then perhaps you can assist. It is frustrating for all of us that this expired binding problem can suddenly break our systems. I accept that this is all done voluntarily but reading the forums it seems that Massi is not the only person having these problems.

Thanks Massi we look forward to your intervention.

We remain in expectation …
thanks Massi

grazie Massi for your great job.
it’s frustrating that we’re all stuck due to these problems caused not by you but from a “system” :frowning:

1 Like

again thanks Massi for your help

Thank you @massi for the new release, you efforts are always really appreciated!! :top:

1 Like

Hallo,
Here you are a new OpenWebNet binding release: 2.5.0.M3.

EVERYONE should upgrade to this binding version as all previous versions are now EXPIRED and will not work anymore after a OH2/RaPi reboot

Improvements

• [FIX #86] Added support for MH201 gateway
  • changed label for UPnP discovered gateways, keeping model name discovered with UPnP
  • [FIX #92] In ZigBee automation UP/DOWN messages are now inverted only if firmware version is <= 1.2.0
  • Now using openwebnet-lib-0.9.21

Installation and Upgrade

This binding version is compatible with openHAB 2.4 and later.

To install/upgrade to the new version of the binding, CAREFULLY follow the instructions in the README.
NO support will be given here to people that clearly have not followed the README.

JAR File: https://github.com/mvalla/openhab2-addons/releases/download/own-2.5.0.M3/org.openhab.binding.openwebnet-2.5.0.M3.jar

Ciao!
MASSI