[BTicino/OpenWebNet] New openHAB2 binding ready for testing

Thank you very much. My openhab now works again.

Hi,
also was offline for a period of time :slight_smile:
i have upgraded my raspian to the actual version und have installed the bticino bindung over the market.
I see in the karaf console following error code

10:54:12.386 [ERROR] [.core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-package-standard': Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-misc-market; type=karaf.feature; version="[2.5.3,2.5.3]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-misc-market)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=2.5.3)(version<=2.5.3))"

had anyone also this issue?

bg Patrick

Don’t remember seeng that one but when I get issues the first thing I do is:
stop openhab, clear cache, restart openhab, reinstall the two dependencies UPNP &serial thingy, reboot, check log , maybe reboot a few more times… then panic :slight_smile:

Yes i don’t speak english

1 Like

you installed the binding over the market? really? thats the binding that is expired and will not work any longer. you have to deinstall the market-binding and install the fix from @jebu manually - and thank him for making the binding work again :slight_smile:

hi guys,

i had to reinstall a new openhab instance on my Qnap NAS because of disk failure, therefore i start with a new openhab 2.4.0 fresh installation with no errors.
Than i installed the openwebnet bindings from the market but i get this error:

2020-03-22 13:29:44.466 [WARN ] [lace.internal.BundleExtensionHandler] - Installed bundle, but failed to start it: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.openwebnet [245]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery.upnp

I believe that even if the bindings expired, the istallation should work or anyone knows how to manually install the bindings?

Any idea on whats going on??

Thanks for any help

SOLVED! For some reason the esh-io-transport-upnp feature was not installed correctly. Anyway thanks!

Thanks @jebu ,
Youre a life saver. Been cracking my head for the last week, as i had my IPs changed and rebooted. After that Openwebnet was not working. I thought it was due to something I did. Been searching to see if the old IPs has been stored somewhere. Almost uninstalled everything.

Your fix worked immediately.
I have question though, why only extended the license by 1 year can you make it 10 years for example so we don’t have to through this next year.

@m4rk so we don’t lose hope that Massi will be back? or we should start thinking about moving to Home Assistant (please no).

Thank you again

now the system is again online

1. removed online binding
  2. installed manually the patched file inside add-on folder
  3. due to the fact I use hopenhab as docker’s container, I removed my secondary openhab test instance
    It seems that secondary instance caused the delay.

I also looked at the alternatives again and even wondered if I could get into binding development myself. I am not a coder and so it looked like a huge, huge mountain to climb. I remain hopeful that massi wil be back but I just don’t understand why he couldn’t just drop us line to let us know what the situation is with him. I am happy to stop bothering this thread for while but its not knowing that bugs me. Its a really nice binding,thanks to massi and so its a shame to let it rot for lack of maintenance.

I was always cautious about becoming reliant on openHAB to run my stuff. For me it mainly does reporting, voice, and the app is nicer alternative. It’s this current situation that sadly makes me think I made the correct decision.

I do hope that in the end there is a good explanation for the silence and massi is OK. That goes for Michelle aka Gozilla01 who also did some significant coding work and has also gone quiet. Given the current covid19 situtation its best to hope for the best and not be too impatient.

2 Likes

so i have used the new realease but i see follwing error

19:17:40.680 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.openwebnet-2.5.0.M3.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.openwebnet [298]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery.upnp

do u also had this issue?

See above. Post 1094.

I suspect the issue is being too quick after a reboot and the dependencies fail to install properly. I have seen an error sometimes in logs and a 2and attempt fixed it for me.

Hi guys,

sorry to bother again but this time i have done undreds of test and still i have the problem.
Openhab 2.4.0, binding installed manually, no errors on the log.
The bindings automatically discover all items and they can be moved as Things and than Items fully working but i waant to use the .things file and the .items file, there is the problem.
Using the .thing file
Bridge openwebnet:bus_gateway:myGateway “MyHomeSERVER1” [ host=“xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx”, passwd=“xxx”, port=20000 , discoveryByActivation=false]
{
Thing bus_on_off_switch 230Vac_Pompa_Termocamino " 230Vac Pompa Termocamino " [ where=0011 ]
}

i get this error:

20:31:33.861 [ERROR] [rnal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method ‘ThingHandler.initialize()’ on ‘org.openhab.binding.openwebnet.handler.OpenWebNetLightingHandler@5ef0c8a2’: java.math.BigDecimal cannot be cast to java.lang.String
java.lang.ClassCastException: java.math.BigDecimal cannot be cast to java.lang.String
at org.openhab.binding.openwebnet.handler.OpenWebNetThingHandler.initialize(OpenWebNetThingHandler.java:70) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.openwebnet.handler.OpenWebNetLightingHandler.initialize(OpenWebNetLightingHandler.java:66) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor39.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]
…(continue)

as you can understand, the gateway (server1) is online and perfectly working. If i add any things discovered by the bindings, it perfectly works using the gatevay stated in the .items file but the items stated in the file doesnt work. Can be a switch, rollershutter, drycontacts, power meters…doesn’t matters, always error

This is tough… any idea??

Thanks for any help.

the “where” has to be in quotationmarks:

[ where="0011" ]

:wink:

Hey Stefan, you can not believe… i was stuck at this point from this afternoon for somenthing that was always in front of my eyes.

Thanks!

glad if i could help. first i thougt it could be the “port” because you have a unused space between the number and the comma. obviously this does not matter but anyway you can remove the part "port=20000 " because this is the default value and optional

I was hoping @massi will put out an official release before the 1yr time elapses. Will patch with a much larger expiry date if this does not happen soon.

2 Likes

thanks a lot for fixing this! Let’s hope @massi is able to provide the source code at least.

Hi to everybody. Could someone explain me step by step what should I do to install manually the .jar file made by @jebu ? I work on raspberry with openhabian 2.5.0-1 (I normally use it trought Putty) and I installed the openwebnet binding from the paper ui so I’m not able to put this new .jar file in the addons directory.
Thank you very much

Uninstall the paperUI installed version and then follow these instructions

Yes, of course i’ve unistalled the “old” version from paperUI, but now I should "copy the JAR file to my openHAB2 addons folder. On Linux and RaspberryPi it is under /usr/share/openhab2/addons/" as written in the guide. But… I can I copy it? I know, for most of you these are stupid questions, but I’m new to Linux world and for me is not so easy. Thank you