BTicino smarther thermostat

You are asking for someone who uses openHAB and developed a solution using openHAB on an openHAB forum to build something for Home Assistant?

Yes, and first of all I apologized.
Feel free to delete the message if you want, I don’t want to create controversy.
Sorry.

There is nothing wrong with the post and it’s not controversial. But I don’t know what you expect to come of it. Any home automation is a challenge to learn to use let alone code for and openHAB and HA are so different in that regard that it’s a really big ask.

Hi Fabio,

Thank you so much for the wonderful work.
I would be more than happy if you could help me with the following issue. I’ve completed the setup up to the point where i dowwload the authendication.json file and the script has generated the refresh.json file.
The error i am getting from the get_staus script option is the following:

{“statusCode”:401, “message”:“Unauthorized. Supplied access token is invalid or doesn’t include required scope(s).”}

Any idea?

Thanks you,

Makis

Welcome Makis!

Looks like the application you’ve created on Legrand dev portal has no comfort.read and comfort.write scopes selected. Could you please double check that?

Cheers,

Hi Fabio,

Yes that was the issue. I have edited my application now in legrand’s portal and waiting for approval/update.

Thanks a lot

Ciao Fabio,

Thanks again for your great work!
As I wrote you some time ago, I don´t get automatic updates.
When I run

./smarther-api.sh set_subscription

I got that error:

{“rsptype”:“set_subscription”,“rspcode”:409,“errormsg”:"(set_subscription) Conflict"}

What could be wrong?
Thanks

Hi @Tommyshome, the error 409 in set_subscription usually means you already have a subscription already set for your plantId.

Unfortunately you cannot just “change it” or set it twice, so you have to delete the current one first, then you can set a new one:

1. List the existing subscriptions, to get the value of subscriptionId attribute associated to your plantId, calling:

./smarther-api.sh get_subscriptions

2. Delete the current subscription, calling:

./smarther-api.sh delete_subscription <subscriptionId>

3. Now you should be able to set a new subscription for the same plantId, via:

./smarther-api.sh set_subscription

Cheers,

Thanks @Mr_Ronfo!

Unfortunately the delete subscription is not working…

{“rsptype”:“delete_subscription”,“rspcode”:500,“errormsg”:"(delete_subscription) "}

Hi @Tommyshome, sounds a bit strange to me. Would you mind posting what is:

• the full result of your call to get_subscriptions, and
  • the full command you’ve executed to delete the subscription ?

Use generic labels instead of the actual values of your plantId and subscriptionId if you prefer, as long as you replace same value with the same label :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Hi @Mr_Ronfo,
The result is:

{“rsptype”:“get_subscriptions”,“rspcode”:200,“subscriptions”:[{“plantId”:“XXXXX-YYYYY-XXX-XXX-YYYYYYYYYYY”,“subscriptionId”:“yxyxyx-yxyx-yxxy-yxyx-yxyxyxyx”,“EndPointUrl”:“https://192.168.1.11/smarther/smarther-c2c.php”}]}

./smarther-api.sh delete_subscription yxyxyx-yxyx-yxxy-yxyx-yxyxyxyx

Hi @Tommyshome,

I’ve tried myself the same Delete command for my plant, even on API testbed on Legrand portal, and it seems they’re experimenting a server side issue.

I’ve posted a support request on Legrand Dev forum, will update here when they reply.

Cheers,

Grazie mille!

Hi all,

Hoping this is the right place to ask. I’d like to understand the right procedure to integrate BTicino smarher thermostat in openhab installed in windows system. I’ve already followed the registration in Legrand portal and I got ClientID and Client Secret.
Thank you for yout help and congrats for all the precious documentation!
Giulia

Hi @nalessog and welcome to the Community :partying_face:
I’ve recently submitted a PR for Smarther Binding, you can follow it’s evolution in the dedicated thread:

@Francesco_Ranieri, @fenderislife, @Tommyshome, @mchatzov this should enhance the script version so… as soon as it gets ready, I’d be happy to hear your thoughts too ( ^^ above thread ) :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Hi @Tommyshome,
Just to let you know, Legrand has fixed the issue on Delete C2C Subscription function.
This may have become “old stuff” now that we have a binding :slightly_smiling_face:
Cheers,

Thanks Fabio!
Great, I still habe to install the binding!
Grazie!

Hi @Mr_Ronfo, thank you for your reply! In the meantime I’ve installed Openhab in a Raspberry 4 :smiley: : I’ve followed the instructions from Eclipse IoT MarketPlace, but unfortunately I don’t get the authorization for the bridge. I properly requested and get everything from Legrand, they also said my request was fine but I cannot go on (I confirm comfort.read and comfort.write are checked). could you please help me? Any idea why the “authorization brigde” button gives me an “unespected error”? Here the details:

{
“error”: “server_error”,
“error_description”: “An unexpected server error occurred”
}

Thank you once again!

Giulia

Hi @nalessog, I don’t get if you have already registered your application with Legrand and configured the bridge with proper primary key, client id and client secret.

Would you mind having a look at https://github.com/MrRonfo/openhab-addons/tree/smarther/bundles/org.openhab.binding.smarther and tell me where you’re stuck in ?

Please post your findings in BTicino Smarther thermostat binding, which is dedicated to the Binding version. Thanks.

Cheers,

@Mr_Ronfo are you aware of existing bindings also integrating HomeTouch and/or MyHomeUp Plants via API?

For Bticino HomeTouch (3488) I guess that’s the only option to get control on the device really, unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be controllable via WHO=6 or WHO=7.

About MyHomeUp API it’s a shame the API doesn’t expose OpenWebnet addresses in the first place really…