Bundle:list output changes

So I finally got around to trying a setup with the new 2.5.x distribution.

And the first thing I noticed is that the Karaf console output from bundle:list, is no longer usable. I don’t know when this changed, but there needs to be a way to get the old output instead of this.

209 │ Active │  80 │ 2.5.0                   │ openHAB UI :: Bundles :: HABPan
218 │ Active │  80 │ 2.5.0                   │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: T
219 │ Active │  80 │ 1.1.1.201605111122      │ Swagger Provider

I looked through the help for the command, but didn’t find anything.

That is within Karaf and the version was updated fir 2.5 that product is separate from OH. I would not expect a fix for this.

No, that‘s what is defined in our xml files. Changes appeared after switching to bnd build system. Don‘t know, but I think it can be changed to old syntax.

1 Like

Thank you for the correction. That change would need to be in 2.5 core which will get no more development though, correct?

If it definitely must be fixed the OP is free to download the source, make the change, and compile Their personal version of OH.

It needs to be changed for every addon/bundle showing this output…

In what way is it not usable anymore?

2 Likes

I thought it would be obvious from the output I quoted. The bundle names don’t even exist in it:

209 │ Active │  80 │ 2.5.0                   │ openHAB UI :: Bundles :: HABPan
218 │ Active │  80 │ 2.5.0                   │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: T

I tend to use la -l command for most of the time as it gives me exactly what I need - precise artifact coordinates without a text label relevant for users but not that much for developers.

If you don’t like location (-l) you can try to use symbolic name (-s) which will give you more compacted output.

Best,
Łukasz

la -s is not terrible.

Where do these commands come from? I’d never heard of la before.

They come from Karaf: https://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/#_available_commands

In fact la is an alias to bundle:list and -s switch comes from there.

1 Like