Busch-Jaeger Free@Home

It could be related to a change I have made to thermostats: I have now included 2 additonal channels, i.e. “Heat state” (on/off) and “Heat actuator percentage”.

Have you tried removing thermostat(s) and re-added?

Thanks for the hint. Yes, I have have to re-add the thermostats.

Hi,
with the newest binding for my 8/8 sensor/switch the binary channels are found by autodiscovery. But only 7, not 8 (one is missing).

For Example: When I add ch0005 from Inbox to Things I had to the correct DeviceId and channel.

But then I could add the binary switch to my sitemap and in BasicUI I can see the state switching from off to on when I open the window.

Thanks Stian for your work.

My bad, as I for autodiscovery made a loop using “<” instead of “<=”. The jar file for download in Post 313 is updated, and should now be implementing all 8 binary channels by default.

Uncertain about your latest comment, if you would reverse the behaviour (ON/OFF), or if response is as you prefer. As a comment: I don’t have any binaries/window contacts myself, but understand the actuators could operate differently, depending on if they are “Normally open” or “Normally closed”. openHAB will regardless, by default, recognise a switch as “On” for value 1, and “Off” for value 0.

So, just as a comment, if one would like to reverse the behaviour of a switch, one would need to have a look into openHAB Transformation Services.

Hi,

your updated file in post 313 is linked to tibber binding.
Could you please check :slight_smile:

Link is corrected.

With the latest binding all 8 binary channels are found by autodiscovery.

My window contact is connected to a binary channel of my 8/8 sensor/actor. The senor of the actor is configurated as NC (in german: Öffner). Openhab works as expected. When window is open Openhab shows window open and when window is closed openhab shows window closed. That is fine. Thanks a lot.

Hi everyone,
I don’t know if I can ask my question here or if I need to create a new item but I will hear that.
First of all my big compliments for the f @ h bond !!! Works great.

But … recently I suddenly get error messages in my log. In practice I do not notice this, but still, I prefer my log without error messages. The error message I get is as follows:

[WARN] [ssories.AbstractHomekitAccessoryImpl] - State for characteristic ON_STATE at accessory 1315028852 cannot be retrieved.

I only get this message from items from the f @ h binding. I have very little knowledge of programming etc. but I expect it to be something between the f @ h binding and the Homekit binding. Anyone have any idea?

As you say, this would indicate a warning related to the HomeKit binding rather than the F@H binding. I don’t use this setup myself, so have no clue, but have you tried a simple reboot of openHAB to see if that removes the warnings?

That’s right, I thought that too. On the other hand, I only get the message with the items of the F @ H binding.

Indeed, I have already tried a restart. In fact, even a full reinstallation of my Raspberry PI has not helped.

Is there any further news on this?
rocks.xmpp.core.session.NoResponseException: Timeout while waiting on advertised authentication mechanisms

I am running OH 2.5.5. and get this message in the log when trying to add the F@H bridge.
I deleted and re-created the bridge several times, also used different users to login, also with jid.

Any ideas?

Regards

Hard to say with so little log details.

Have you read and followed steps (similar problem)?
https://community.openhab.org/t/busch-jaeger-free-home/31043/180?u=kjoglums

Also, have you tried to ssh into openhab/karaf console to run

bundle:restart org.openhab.binding.freeathome

I tried the

bundle:restart org.openhab.binding.freeathome

command. This worked at the end for me. I just had to change to username, not using the JID. Bridge is now online. Now i can start adding the things and items…thanks

I am still struggling with getting the FreeAtHome Binding up and running.

After I managed the bring my Bridge online, I try to setup my thermostats right now.

I configured the bridge in PaperUI, and this is now online. So far so good.

Then I created the things & items file:

freeathome.things:

Bridge freeathome:bridge:dxxxxxxe
{
Thing thermostat ABBxxxxxxxxx_ch0000 [
label = “Thermostat Bad unten, ABBxxxxxxxxx”,
DeviceID = “ABBxxxxxxxxx”,
ChannelId = “ch0000”,
dataPointIdSwitch = “idp0012”,
dataPointIdSwitchUpdate = “odp0008”,
dataPointIdTarget = “idp0016”,
dataPointIdTargetUpdate = “odp0006”,
dataPointIdEcoUpdate = “odp0009”,
dataPointIdEco = “idp0011”,
dataPointIdRoomUpdate = “odp0010”
]}

freeathome.items

//Thermostat Bad unten ABBxxxxxxxxx
Switch thermostatBadunten_OnOff “Thermostat Bad unten Ein/Aus” { channel=“freeathome:thermostat:dxxxxxxe:ABBxxxxxxxxx_ch0000:therm_switch” }
Switch thermostatBadunten_Eco “Thermostat Bad unten Eco Mode” { channel=“freeathome:thermostat:dxxxxxxe:ABBxxxxxxxxx_ch0000:therm_eco_switch” }
Number thermostatBadunten_Temp “Thermostat Bad unten Raumtemperatur” { channel=“freeathome:thermostat:dxxxxxxe:ABBxxxxxxxxx_ch0000:therm_room_temp” }
Number thermostatBadunten_TargetTemp “Thermostat Bad unten Zieltemperatur” { channel=“freeathome:thermostat:freeathome:bridge:xxxxxxe:ABBxxxxxxxxx_ch0000:therm_target_temp” }

The files/models were created successful and items were linked correctly, no obvious errors in the logviewer.
As you can see i tried different options in the channel, with full bridge name and just with the id.

But now i do not get any values to show. Also i do not see any updates of the item in the logviewer.

Did i miss something in the configuration and/or file creation? Is the thing configuration correct?

Thanks once more for your support.

Regards,
Fichte

I created the things and items over PaperUI now (wanted to avoid that), but at least it is working now.

I have a widget which i was using with the sstadlberger API before, were i was able to increase or decrease the target temperature stepwise by 0.5 degrees. As far as i can see there is no built-in solution for that in the binding. Is there any workaround possible?

Items are recommended created via text files (linked to things created in Paper UI). Then you should have a look at the openHAB documentation for items/sitemap and use of “Setpoint item”. This will enable you to adjust target temperature stepwise (i.e. step amount, min value/max value).

Thank you. I considered and tested your suggested approach. Created a thing via PaperUI and created the item in the items file.
Regarding the setpoint item I am not sure…is the item and the target_temp channel able to receive an udpdate and write it back to the thermostat? or do I need to introduce a new channel in the thing?

As an example, I have the following items defined for one of my thermostats:

Switch   RomtermostatStue_ThermSwitch       "Activate"         <switch>       {channel="freeathome:thermostat:ABBxxxxxxxxx:therm_switch"}
Switch   RomtermostatStue_ThermEcoSwitch    "Eco mode"         <energy>       {channel="freeathome:thermostat:ABBxxxxxxxxx:therm_eco_switch"}
Number   RomtermostatStue_ThermTargetTemp   "Target temp"      <heating>      {channel="freeathome:thermostat:ABBxxxxxxxxx:therm_target_temp"}
Number   RomtermostatStue_ThermRoomTemp     "Room temperature" <temperature>  {channel="freeathome:thermostat:ABBxxxxxxxxx:therm_room_temp"}
Switch   RomtermostatStue_ThermHeatActive   "Heating state"                   {channel="freeathome:thermostat:ABBxxxxxxxxx:therm_heat_active"}
Dimmer   RomtermostatStue_ThermHeatDimmer   "Heating actuator"                {channel="freeathome:thermostat:ABBxxxxxxxxx:therm_heat_dimmer"}

Then, for my Sitemap, I have defined the following:

Text item=RomtermostatStue_ThermRoomTemp label="Faktisk [%.1f ºC]"
Setpoint item=RomtermostatStue_ThermTargetTemp label="Target [%.1f ºC]" step=0.5 minValue=10 maxValue=30

The text item just shows the actual room temperature. The setpoint item shows the set room temperature (read only), and allows me to increase/decrease room temperature in 0.5 degrees increments (as shown below).

Thanks for your example. This helped and works in my sitemap too. :slight_smile:

Also i found how to use it in HabPanel, e.g. for increasing the temp:

ng-click="sendCmd(config.temp, +itemValue(config.temp) + 0.5 > 30 ? 30 : +itemValue(config.temp) + 0.5)">

Thanks again.