Busware SCC - how to get it up and running?

Hi,

i’m a real beginner on Openhab 2. I already struggled with the Openhabian “magic” of installing. I tried it 2 times on my RPI 2 but i didn’t get it to work. Since my knowledge of the whole Linux world is quite limited, i didn’t dig deeper into it. Instead i installed it manually and thanks to the good instructions it now works.
My next step is to get my Busware SCC to work with my Homematic components. I already had it running with FHEM, but how does it work with OH 2? How can i pull up Pin 17 on the GPIO? The Busware instruction says:

By default the radio is held in RESET which is connected to GPIO17. You need explicitly pull GPIO17 HIGH to un-reset the radio:
if test ! -d /sys/class/gpio/gpio17; then echo 17 > /sys/class/gpio/export; fi
echo out > /sys/class/gpio/gpio17/direction
echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio17/value

Similar to FHEM i put this into /etc/init.d/openhab2. But still the Homematic Binding doesn’t find any components.

Can anybody please help on this?

Regards,
Dieter

According to the binding readme only

gateways which provides the Homematic BIN- or XML-RPC API

are supported. Messing around with GPIO pins implies that your gateway does not support this API.

That’s sad news. I’ll than keep it with FHEM. Maybe the Busware stuff will be supported one day.

Thanks,
Dieter

Just to proof myself wrong :joy: :

I finally ended up, buying a CCU2 and i have to admit that Openhab works like a charme. All this is al lot easier than FHEM. There are still many things to learn but my (at the moment) quite basic setup is working. :+1:

Dieter