(Caldav) Trying to change a false URL, but failing!

I’m trying to setup my google calendar for the CALDAV binding.
Initially I had a space in the URL and a false double “/” (which both is wrong!), I changed that but the log still shows the same error with the false URL. Tried uninstalling the binding, stopping OH, no change.
Where is the old information saved?

I’m OH 2.1
223 | Active | 80 | 1.10.0 | openHAB CalDav Command Binding
224 | Active | 80 | 1.10.0 | openHAB CalDav Calendar


22:38:42.601 [ERROR] [caldav.internal.job.EventReloaderJob] - error while loading calendar entries: Illegal character in path at index 36: https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/ MyCalendarID@group.calendar.google.com//events


That might be all.

Hi Jürgen. I’ve tried several times to use the caldav binding also with oh 2.1 and google calendar, but it never worked. I would be happy to read more about your experience.

I read in several threads that caldav binding does not work propperly with oh 2.x

Uninstalled the binding and removed the files under “userdata\config\org\openhab\caldav*.config”.
Reinstalled the binding and the above error is back, in other words openhab has those settings saved somewhere else.

As it is always, the soon you write it into the forum, you’ll find it!
No reasoning, but after a another stop OH, delete the files in the above mentioned path as wel as in the conf/services AND deleting the cache, it worked!
I’ll write down the (unchanged!) needed settings which are working on OH2.1 into a seperate post on this thread!

Setup of Caldav Command (working under OH2.1)



For the Username the "name-part of the @googlemail.com adress is needed!
The CalendarName is the name of the google calendar which is holding the commands.



An entry in this calendar needs to look like:

Note: The Item name (“TestSomething”) is used as the title of the event and in the description. The words “BEGIN” and “END” have to be in uppercase (otherwise you’ll get errors!)
And last not least Google was complaining somewhere down the troad about using a “unsecure app”, I needed to allow the usage of them. Not sure if it is needed after all, since I switched while having problems to connect.