Can I label a group dynamically?

I have a group in my sitemap for an item - of which it gets a name from mqtt.

I’d like to label the group with some text and it’s name.

I’ve tried:
Group label=“Blue Maestro” icon=“bedroom” item=bm1_name

But it doesn’t like that.

So I’d like the name on this group

Frame {
                Group label="Blue Maestro" icon="bedroom" item=bm1_name {
                        Text item=bm1_name
                        Text item=bm1_humidity icon="water" {
                    Frame {
                        Text item=bm1_humidity_max valuecolor=[>25="orange",>15="green",>5="orange",<=5="blue"]
                        Text item=bm1_humidity_min valuecolor=[>25="orange",>15="green",>5="orange",<=5="blue"]
                    }
                }
                Text item=bm1_temperature {
                        Frame {
                                        Text item=bm1_temperature_max valuecolor=[>25="orange",>15="green",>5="orange",<=5="blue"]
                                        Text item=bm1_temperature_min valuecolor=[>25="orange",>15="green",>5="orange",<=5="blue"]
                                        Text item=bm1_lastupdate
                                }
                                Frame {
                                        Switch item=bm1_temperature_chart_period label="Chart Period" mappings=[0="Hour", 1="Day",2="Week"]
                                        Chart item=bm1_temperature period=h refresh=3600 visibility=[br_master_temperature_chart_period==0, br_master_temperature_chart_period=="Uninitialized"]
                                        Chart item=bm1_temperature period=d refresh=3600 visibility=[br_master_temperature_chart_period==1]
                                        Chart item=bm1_temperature period=W refresh=3600 visibility=[br_master_temperature_chart_period==2]
                                }
                        }
                Text item=bm1_dewpoint
                Text item=bm1_battery
                }
        }

Set up a dynamic label to show the group value :slight_smile:

Group item=bm1_name label="Blue Maestro [%s]" icon="bedroom" {
}

Awesome, that did it. I’m sure I tried that, but I think I had other problems (where it wasn’t updating the value from mqtt).

Thanks

Actually as a further question.
If I have an item, can I change that label to include that bm1_name item somehow?
Text item=bm1_temperature label=“Blue Maestro 1 Temperature [%.1f °C]” icon=“bedroom”

Or can it be done from the number item definition?
Number bm1_temperature “Blue Maestro 1 Temperature [%.1f °C]” {binding}

Only by creating another Item and a rule to update this new Item can you include the value from one item in the label of another. I don’t think you can do it at all using Groups.