Can I use 2 z-wave dongles

In order to reach my detatched garage, I am thinking about having 2 Aeon Z-stick dongles. One would be directly attached to the computer running openhab, the other on a USB extender to the garage some 70’ away. Currently the 1 USB dongle does not reach the garage.

Can I configure 2 bindings to z-wave in openhab and have devices communicate on both sides?

I would suggest getting a powered z-wave device to act as a range extender between your garage and your z-stick. Why do you have 70 feet with no other z-wave repeaters? Are all of your z-wave devices battery powered?

This is all you need: http://www.amazon.com/Aeon-Labs-Extender-Repeater-DSD37-ZWUS/dp/B00K7QZUZM

Ok, I’ll order that repeater and see if it works. The back of my house has no outside outlets, and my house is stucco (concrete with wire mesh faraday cage).

Taylor- the 70 feet is the distance between the house and the detached garage. I wasn’t sure the aeon extender repeater would work given I have no outlet on the back of my house that faces the garage.

I would love to get the schlage lock on the garage to talk to the open hab in the house!