Can not start heal as initialisation is not complete

Hi @chris,

A few of my Z-Wave nodes are misbehaving. If I try an heal them, I get:

Can not start heal as initialisation is not complete

But I also don’t have reinitialise as an option for these nodes.

How should I recover from this? I’ve tried restarting the binding, but I seem to need to do this every other day, and I just end up with a different set of nodes in this state.

I’m running

openhab> bundle:list | grep ZWave
236 │ Active   │  80 │ 2.4.0.201812072309     │ ZWave Binding

It’s probably battery nodes only to show this.
Wake them up by pressing the button (or whatever makes them wake up, depends on the device) to have them finish initialization. And/or wait, but you need to be patient because the (self-) wakeup interval is 2hours or more per device default. And you might require multiple attempts per device.

Thanks for your reply. I should have said, these are all mains devices.

Hi @chris. Happy New Year. Do you have any thoughts on this? Thanks.

These options are disabled I think if the device is still initialising so all indications are that they aren’t initialised. Without seeing a log, and knowing what the devices are, I can’t really comment on what is happening, but I’m happy to have a look if you provide the logs and device types.

Thanks. I’ll see what I can gather. The nodes initialise fine when I restart the binding, but then they start lagging and I notice they’re in the state mentioned above.

I’ve got debug enabled for the ZWave binding. I assume they end up on the disk somewhere? I only normally look at them using log:tail in the console.