Cannot add Astro binding to OpenHAB in Eclipse

• Java Runtime Environment: OpenJDK 11
  • openHAB version: openhab-distro, commit c4a1d03, checked out today.

Hi, I’ve been trying to start with binding development via Eclipse.
For this I’ve followed the Eclipse IDE guide.
I’m able to start OpenHAB with the run OSGi button from the app.bndrun file.

However I’m not able to add a binding to this setup.
This is what I’ve done:
I’ve added the astro binding to the pom file:

I’ve dragged the astro binding to the run requirements:

I’ve did the resolve and saved the app file, resulting in the * going away, as well as introducing a second astro binding with ‘(implicit)’ behind it:

Now when I start OpenHAB via the run OSGi button and go to settings->bindings I’d expect to see the Astro binding there. However does not seem to be available:

Do you have any idea what I’m doing wrong here?
Thanks,
Joep

You’re doing nothing wrong. In the ide app the bindings don’t show up in the binding list. But you should be able to add new things, if you go to the things page and click + you should be able to add astro things.

edit: just checks. The binding should show up.

Thanks,

But unfortunately when pressing the + button in the things menu I get this:

Pressing the ‘Install binding’ button brings me back to the binding page where I cannot see Astro.

By the way, this is the console log, nothing seems to indicate something is going wrong as far as I can tell:

g! 20:22:46.310 [INFO ] [.core.internal.i18n.I18nProviderImpl] - Time zone set to 'Europe/Amsterdam'.
20:22:46.314 [INFO ] [.core.internal.i18n.I18nProviderImpl] - Locale set to 'en_US'.
20:22:47.617 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'demo.items'
20:22:47.774 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'mapdb.persist'
20:22:47.861 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'demo.sitemap'
20:22:47.939 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'demo.things'
20:22:49.100 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'demo.rules'
20:22:49.619 [INFO ] [org.openhab.ui.internal.UIService   ] - Started UI on port 8080
20:22:56.426 [INFO ] [e.automation.internal.RuleEngineImpl] - Rule engine started.
20:22:56.428 [INFO ] [rulesupport.loader.ScriptFileWatcher] - Loading script '/home/joep/openhab-main/git/openhab-distro/launch/app/runtime/conf/automation/jsr223/demo.js'
20:22:56.432 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'DemoLocation' changed from NULL to 52,9
20:22:56.432 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'DemoContact' changed from NULL to OPEN
20:22:56.432 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'DemoString' changed from NULL to Hello SmartHome!
20:22:56.432 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'DemoDateTime' changed from NULL to 2022-04-22T20:22:56.425609+0200
20:22:56.433 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'DemoNumber' changed from NULL to 12.34

I don’t seem to be able to reproduce it. That is it looks like the first time i add it, and press resolve, save and start it doesn’t show up. But when I repeat this step it does show up. I haven’t the latest version of the distro so this might explain, but maybe not. If you try another binding do you see the same?

Ha, resolving for the second time seems to work.

1 Like