Cannot control TRADFRI things anymore from within OH2

I ended up running daily snapshots to address some issues with Z-Wave and other updated bindings. Today I’m on openHAB 2.5.0 Build #1678.

For a couple snapshot releases now, there’s something weird happening with the TRADFRI binding. Everything still works, except being able to control the TRADFRI things from within OH2 (e.g., in a sitemap).

For instance, I can toggle a light on or off and even change its brightness, but the events aren’t going nowhere.

If I switch on a light, the event log displays:

2019-09-04 11:03:07.520 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘AT_Hall_CeilingLight_Toggle’ received command ON
2019-09-04 11:03:07.523 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - AT_Hall_CeilingLight_Toggle predicted to become ON
2019-09-04 11:03:07.541 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - AT_Hall_CeilingLight_Toggle changed from OFF to ON

Resulting events are properly dealt with in triggered rules, however nothing happens at the Thing level. The light remains off. What’s also strange, is that the prediction algorithm kicks in now.

If I then switch on the light with a TRADFRI remote or with HomeKit, then the light will switch on, and the event log reports:

2019-09-04 11:03:35.362 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - AT_Hall_CeilingLight_Dimmer changed from 0 to 10
2019-09-04 11:03:35.370 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - AT_Hall_CeilingLight_ColorTemperature changed from NULL to 50

So it appears that something is broken in recent snapshots.

I tried deleting and recreating the gateway, resetting all gateway parameters in OH2, rebooting the gateway, but so far to no avail. It’s also confined to OH2 only as Homekit works.

I’m currently running openHAB 2.5.0 Build #1678 but it was also broken on earlier snapshot releases (I think the past 1-2 weeks).

I created an issue on GitHub:
https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/issues/6023

Am I alone or are there others facing the same issue?

If you need newer versions of some bindings you could run 2.5M2 and just update the needed bindings. I did that with a couple before 2.5M2 was released. You end up with a more stable system overall than running snapshots.

The autoupdate feature makes these predictions.
If that behaviour has changed - note that autoupdate works at the Item level. Its behaviour can be influenced by bindings through a channel e.g. veto predictions when a “real” update is expected.
Just saying, yes, a binding or channel problem may reveal itself through this symptom.

Is this one of those binding updates where you need to delete and recreate Things to pick up new definitions?

Alas, I even reinstalled openhabian (based on Buster), but still to no avail.

Have you seen this?

Probably not alone. Tradfri has had some issues since their firmware update. Maybe it finally got you.

I basically had to power cycle the TRADFRI gateway.

I’m having this problem too, power cycling sometimes helps, but after one day or so everything stops responding again.