Cannot get yeelight binding working

Needing things in your things file? I’m probably not the best person to answer this question in a short and easy way. In my set up I have only one thing in my file. All my devices, mostly mqtt, are in my items file. This way I can right my own rules to control each item. PaperUI has a rules engine you can try. I’ve used it for simple on/off in the past, but now all rules are in my rules file.
Best to ask yourself, what do you want from openhab and work towards that goal. You may find that both items and things are needed for your set up. Also, controlling devices from a sitemap is much nicer than PaperUI but thats just my opinion.

That is a USB stick with firmware that provides a gateway for communication. I may be wrong but I call it a bridge. Does your yeelights work without the USB dongle/bridge/stick?

Sorry I made a mistake, the CC2531EMKCoordinator is for my Zigbee sensors - I mixed up different things.
(I think because it’s too hot in Germany :sweat_smile:)

After changes do you still get the same errors? Looking at the readme on gethub
https://github.com/openhab/org.openhab.binding.zigbee/blob/master/org.openhab.binding.zigbee/README.md
I see this “The thing type is coordinator_ti2351”. If your Zigbee sensors are install and working, with no errors, did you have this

in your things file before? Or you added this when working with the yeelights.

Hi,

I have different things files for yeelight and zigbee.
Now for the yeelight my yeelight.things file looks like this:

Thing yeelight:wonder:1 [ deviceId="0x0000000006f0d32e" ]

and my yeelight.items file looks like this:

Color  YeelightLEDColor  "XiaomiFarbe"  { channel="yeelight:wonder:1:color" }
Dimmer YeelightLEDDimmer "XiaomiDimmer" { channel="yeelight:wonder:1:colorTemperature"}

Inside Paper UI it shows up as:

Basically this looks quit ok - but as you can see it shows OFFLINE.

I don’t know how to make it online :frowning:

I have a TP SmartLink that acted up when I created a thing file so I commented it out with // and just created an item using the channel that was auto found. It’s been a while since that issue but I think thats what fixed it for me. In PaperUI > System settings turn Auto Approve and Simple Mode off. Go to Things channels and click the trash can to unlink your item. After a minuet or so try to relink the items. I’ve read about others having a variety of issues with this binding so you may have to play around to see what works.

Is it possible the zigbee bridge is able to communicate with the yeelights via mqtt?

Is it possible the zigbee bridge is able to communicate with the yeelights via mqtt?

basically I think yes - but currently I am not able to install/configure that because - as I told you - I am quite new to OpenHAB and those things.

There is a link at post #37 that looked interesting. Control yeelight with node-red and mqtt. You can easily install node-red on openhabian via sudo openhabian-config, think its located in the same spot as mqtt install. I haven’t tried node-red but it might be a viable solution if the binding has issues.

Good Luck

No, it doesn’t. It’s working fine.
The OP’s problem is just he wants to avoid PaperUI autodiscovered things, he wants to use manual created things. I don’t understand why he wants to do that, but that is his own decision.

I’m using that binding with autodisovered things without any problems …

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation suhui. I’m giving you a like for that :smiley: