Cannot install bindings due to missing artifacts

Hi,

I installed today the latest beta (3) of openhab2-online on a fresh raspberry pi (raspbian). It seems that I cannot install bindings due to missing artifacts.

Logs (astro-binding 2.0.0-snapshot)

2016-08-19 14:28:04.058 [ERROR] [st.core.extensions.ExtensionResource] - Exception while installing extension: org.apache.karaf.features.internal.util.MultiException: Error
2016-08-19 14:28:04.067 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ExtensionEvent      ] - binding-astro: org.apache.karaf.features.internal.util.MultiException: Error
2016-08-19 14:29:41.963 [WARN ] [url.mvn.internal.AetherBasedResolver] - Error resolving artifactorg.eclipse.smarthome.io:org.eclipse.smarthome.io.net:jar:0.8.0-SNAPSHOT:Could not find artifact org.eclipse.smarthome.io:org.eclipse.smarthome.io.net:jar:0.8.0-SNAPSHOT in oh-snapshot-repo (http://oss.jfrog.org/libs-snapshot/)
shaded.org.eclipse.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException: Could not find artifact org.eclipse.smarthome.io:org.eclipse.smarthome.io.net:jar:0.8.0-SNAPSHOT in oh-snapshot-repo (http://oss.jfrog.org/libs-snapshot/)

There are many log entries like this.

Any ideas? :slight_smile:

Thanks!

It’s a guess, but if you are using the online version, is your Pi connected to the internet ok? It looks like it’s unable to resolve the dependancies it’s trying to download.

Yes its connected to the internet and http://oss.jfrog.org/libs-snapshot/ is reachable via curl. :slight_smile:

Update:
I forget something to mention. At the first run I decided to use the snapshot channel. Its works as expected and I was able to install some bindings (homematic, yahoo weather). After some time I decided to switch to the more “stable” beta channel. So I removed openhab2-online (by apt-get remove), changed /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openhab.list to match the docs and reinstalled openhab2-online beta3. This two bindings are still available, but new ones cant be installed due to the errors I mentioned earlier.
Maybe Im in an inconsistent state?

Thanks!

If the snapshot worked, then I would use that. I wouldn’t necessarily call the beta-3 a ‘stable’ version - it’s just one of the snapshots on a particular day, and it’s now quite old (3 months) so many things have been fixed since then.

Oh nice advice!
Switched back to snapshot channel and it works again :slight_smile:

Thanks!

where does one find the latest version of OH2 that should work. this open-source stuff is it ever tested???

The latest snapshot is on cloudbees. Individual snapshots that are considered more stable are released periodically.

Well, there’s a large user base testing the builds, and there’s a lot of unit tests produced for OH as well, so yes, of course it’s tested. openSource doesn’t mean low quality if that’s what you’re thinking :slight_smile: .

Thanks. I downloaded the latest snapshot for OH2. I wanted to build with eclipse. I followed instructions. Almost everything built but could not find org.???.karaf
Over 800 errors

I guess there are more prerequisite that’s not listed

Anyways thanks