Cannot use Paper UI nor start HABpanel after installation of influxdB

Hi,

I installed influx and grafana which seemed to go okay but after a restart of openHAB, Paper UI doesn’t work:

Error:503 Jersey is not ready yet

HABpanel has a Connection Lost, Trying to reconnect error.

Habmin is okay.

The only error in my log file is:

2017-10-04 12:12:05.380 [ERROR] [g.eclipse.smarthome.core.persistence] - [org.eclipse.smarthome.core.persistence.persistencemanager(53)] The addPersistenceService method has thrown an exception
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: “”

Not sure where to start looking as everything seems okay to my untrained eyes…

influx.persist:

Strategies {
everyMinute : “0 * * * * ?”
everyHour : “0 0 * * * ?”
everyDay : “0 0 0 * * ?”

default = everyChange, restoreOnStartup

}

Items {
sun_azimuth: strategy=everyHour
}

influx.cfg:

url=http://localhost:8086

The name of the database user, e.g. openhab.

Defaults to: openhab

user=openhab

The password of the database user.

password=*********

The name of the database, e.g. openhab.

Defaults to: openhab

db=openhab

This is all on a RPi running openHabian

Any ideas? Thanks!

I’m not sure if this is an effect of the forum, but you seem to have two different types of quote here:

everyHour	: "0 0 * * * ?"

everyDay	: “0 0 0 * * ?”

For quoting configurations in this forum, its best to wrap text in ``` e.g.:

```
"Quotes aren't changed"
## Comments aren't enlarged
```

They’re all okay in openHAB. It must have been my cutting and pasting into the forum.
Point noted about the text wrap - thanks.

I wrote that HABmin okay. My mistake - that doesn’t work either, it’s classic UI that works.

You’ve pretty much got the same thing as I do. Rather my files are called influxdb.* rather than influx.*. Have you made sure this is the case?

Otherwise, which version are you on? I may try to replicate the error you’re seeing.

Sorry, yes my files are influxdb.persist and influxdb.cfg (I’m not good at this copying and pasting…).

Version:

Connected to http://localhost:8086 version 1.3.5

I turned on DEBUG for influx and the error I quoted earlier is the only one I get. The service starts:

HmGatewayInfo[id=CCU,type=CCU2,firmware=2.25.15,address=MEQ1604151,wired=false,hmip=true,cuxd=false,group=true]
2017-10-04 15:20:57.929 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.persistence.influxdb    ] - BundleEvent STARTING - org.openhab.persistence.influxdb
2017-10-04 15:20:57.932 [DEBUG] [.InfluxDBPersistenceServiceActivator] - InfluxDB persistence bundle has been started.
2017-10-04 15:20:57.956 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.persistence.influxdb    ] - ServiceEvent REGISTERED - {org.openhab.core.persistence.PersistenceService, org.openhab.core.persistence.QueryablePersistenceService}={service.pid=org.openhab.influxdb, db=openhab, user=openhab, url=http://localhost:8086, password=openhab, component.name=org.openhab.persistence.influxdb, component.id=219, service.id=979, service.bundleid=212, service.scope=bundle} - org.openhab.persistence.influxdb
2017-10-04 15:20:57.969 [DEBUG] [.internal.InfluxDBPersistenceService] - influxdb persistence service activated
2017-10-04 15:20:57.970 [DEBUG] [.internal.InfluxDBPersistenceService] - using default retentionPolicy autogen
2017-10-04 15:20:58.360 [DEBUG] [.internal.InfluxDBPersistenceService] - database status is OK, version is 1.3.5
2017-10-04 15:20:58.370 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.persistence.influxdb    ] - BundleEvent STARTED - org.openhab.persistence.influxdb

Hmmm, a tricky one. Is the influx database being populated values for sun_azimuth? Based on the error I’d doubt it, so let’s try giving the cache and tmp dir a clean, assuming you’re using an automatic install of openHAB

sudo systemctl stop openhab2
sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab2/cache/*
sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab2/tmp/*
sudo systemctl start openhab2

You’re a star!

HABpanel etc now work however, the persistence error still exists.

Just before you posted your last post, I removed everything I had put in new (apart from the influxdb database so I’ll put all that back and see what happens.

Many thanks though.