Cannot wire up dimmers and battery switch. (zwave)

Sorry, not real familar with OH3 yet but do you see any channels for the device? The binding appears to know what the device is, in OH2, if it was not fully initialized, in would show as unknown device and wouldn’t have any channels

try changing your trigger from

Item sButton changed

to

Item sButton received command

When you save the rules file (I’m guessing your rule is in a rules file) do you see something like this in the log?

16:56:31.875 [INFO ] [del.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Refreshing model 'myrules.rules'

every time you edit a rules file, you should have your log viewer open and make sure the rule loaded by looking for an entry in the log like above. If there is an error in the file, you will see a message similar to this

16:49:05.797 [WARN ] [del.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Configuration model 'myrules.rules' is either empty or cannot be parsed correctly!

also, make sure every rule has a unique name

Don’t think you’ll be getting an OH command here.

Do you see any channels associated with your node9 Thing in the UI?
If no channels, you can’t make them up just by naming them in your Items file.
If no channels, its probably not finished initializing just like it says in the screenshot.

@Bruce_Osborne Your input was spot on. After an evening of repeating “including mode” on the controller and wake up / inclusion of the battery device - it is now triggering the rule. Everything else was working as is.

Does anyone have any good dimming rules example?

I get a scene_number value of e.g. 1.2 when I hold a button down and 1.1 when I release it. I have not been able to find a good example of combining these to dim a dimmer. E.g. “dim by increments of 5 until release”

Found lots of on/off examples and that works fine.