Can't access "http://openhab-device:8080" after installation

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: RPI 3 B

• Java Runtime Environment:
      openjdk version “11.0.13” 2021-10-19 LTS
      OpenJDK Runtime Environment Zulu11.52+13-CA (build 11.0.13+8-LTS)
      OpenJDK Client VM Zulu11.52+13-CA (build 11.0.13+8-LTS, mixed mode)

• openHAB version: 3.2.0-1

After installing zulu11.52.13-ca-jdk11.0.13-linux_aarch32hf and the latestes openhab installation I can’t access the webpage openhab-device:8080. It says, that the page is not reachable. Has anyone any idea , what could be the problem, or what I can check?

Check the logfiles and if you have a raspberry use openhabian

(solved)

I arrived on this thread too because it’s also not coming up for me either and I’m new to openHAB*

Using Debian 11 on a regular server computer. After installation via apt-get and then started via

/etc/init.d/openhab start

the openhab process does not appear to be listening on and TCP ports, even when explicitly configured in /etc/default/openhab … nothing listening on 8080 or 8443 … the java process that starts does not appear to listen on any other ports too.

Not sure how to progress from there.

Edit: Updating my post here since I solved it. When installed I had not install the Zulu JDK which I saw was needed, so I did that… still didn’t work. So I removed all traces of openHAB, including configuration data. apt-get autoremove the dependencies added, apt-get update again. apt-get install openhab openhab-addons and then started it, and it all ran properly.

So, if you start off on the wrong JDK it all goes horribly wrong, basically.

• I’m an experienced Linux admin/user… just new to openHAB … if that makes any difference.