Can't get it to load the webpage?

I’m using 2.0.0 alpha 2. I have tried using the demo and using just the runtime but whenever I go to localhost;8080 it says the webpage is not available. I have tried on Windows 10 Pro and Windows 7 Starter on two different PCs on different networks but still get the same result. I’m wondering if I have set something up wrong in the setup process or if it’s just a bug.
Help would be appreciated, thanks. :slight_smile:

Are you sure openhab is actually running?

As always, check the logs - it’s always the first place to look when things don’t work (or it should be :smile:) .

When OH starts, you should get log entries stating that the UI is starting, and REST API is starting etc. Do you see these?

I’m assuming this is a typo in your message - it should be localhost:8080 not localhost;8080.

Yes, that was a typo :stuck_out_tongue:
I don’t see it saying that the UI has started anywhere but that maybe just me skimming over it.
I have copied it into a pastebin if that helps though. :slight_smile:
http://pastebin.com/2Sp677yS
Thank You

I think I would seriously consider using the latest snapshot from here. The Alpha-2 release was a while ago now and quite a few things have changed. There are a number of interesting errors in the log, so it’s best to start from a common position so we can rule out anything that’s already been fixed.

1 Like

Thank you, that did the trick. I wonder why I never bothered to try the snapshots before?
Looks like the demo is running nicely!
Thank you for your help :smiley: