Cant install/uninstall bindings in Paper UI

I have been working through setting up the system, all was going well and now I cant install or uninstall any binding/add-on using the paper UI. I was able to previously and find every time I try to install I get an error in the openhab.log file.

2017-04-23 02:47:13.432 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-misc-gcal1, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-binding-network, openhab-binding-systeminfo’: Error
2017-04-23 02:47:15.337 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed uninstalling ‘openhab-binding-chromecast’: Error

I was trying to install the openhab cloud, but also tried others and also to uninstall chromecast - but neither works. I have installed the openhabian build on a Raspberry Pi 3.

I have tried restarting openhab, rebooting and physical power. I went into Karaf and tried to install from there and also got an error.

Any suggestions on what might be the issue or where to look? My next step is a new build as I have spent hours trying to work out why already.

How did you install openHAB2? How do you start openHAB2?

Hi, Yes installed openhab2, this was done with the openhabian install package on the Raspberry Pi. But I have worked it out. I change the folder permissions so I could use the SmartHome Designer and save item and sitemap files. Seem to be an issue for openhab2.

Folders and file have to have correct permissions, otherwise openHAB can’t change files.
For Smarthome Designer access you don’t have to change any permissions, you should be able to access samba share with openhab user.