Can't select items using HABPanel

Hey,

after working with the BasicUI in openHAB 2, I tried to start with HABPanel. But I have the same problem, described in this (solved) thread:

I have defined a lot of items using one item file (called: “items.items”). Working with BasicUI works very fine, but in HABPanel I can’t select any item.
I tried the solution in the linked thread, but It doesn’t work.

Any idea?

Comment (in VSC: highlight the items, CTRL-K, CTRL-C) all your items except one simple one (remove any transformation), then try again.
This makes sure you don’t have any syntax errors or wrong map transformations.

Using only one item without map transformation is working fine.

Update: I tried to find the problem, I searched for all items with map transformation (only two directly in the items file) and uncomment them. It works. :scream:
But when I uncomment all items again, it doesn’t work…

Then you need to find your item in error by commentig one after the other. Also check your openhab.log for any hints.

Thank you, I tried it.
After the line 500 I can reproduce the problem.

This is line 503:

String AmazonEchoOffice_AmazonMusicTrackId    "Amazon Music Track Id"            (AlexaOffice) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:yyy:XXX:amazonMusicTrackId"}

Line 501 is empty and line 502 is a comment. I can not see an error in this line.

Maybe there is a limit of items?

Check for any hidden characters (Notepad++ has a nice tool for that).
If you can’t find any type those few lines again, don’t copy and paste.

Thank you. I found out, that my item definition for the Echo control binding are the problems.

I have 6 Amazon Echos. For my first Echo I have the following items:

Player AmazonEchoBad_Player "Player" (AlexaBad) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:yyy:xxx:player"}
Dimmer AmazonEchoBad_Volume "Lautstärke [%.0f %%]" <soundvolume> (AlexaBad) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:yyy:xxx:volume"}
Switch AmazonEchoBad_Shuffle "Zufällige Wiedergabe" (AlexaBad) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:yyy:xxx:shuffle"}
String AmazonEchoBad_ImageUrl "Bild URL" (AlexaBad) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:yyy:xxx:imageUrl"}
String AmazonEchoBad_Title "Aktueller Titel" (AlexaBad) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:yyy:xxx:title"}
String AmazonEchoBad_Subtitle1 "Untertitel 1" (AlexaBad) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:yyy:xxx:subtitle1"}
String AmazonEchoBad_Subtitle2 "Untertitel 2" (AlexaBad) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:yyy:xxx:subtitle2"}
String AmazonEchoBad_ProviderDisplayName "Anbieter" (AlexaBad) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:yyy:xxx:providerDisplayName"}

String AmazonEchoBad_MusicProviderId "Music Provider Id" (AlexaBad) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:yyy:xxx:musicProviderId"}
String AmazonEchoBad_PlayMusicCommand "Play music voice command (write only)" (AlexaBad) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:yyy:xxx:playMusicVoiceCommand"}
String AmazonEchoBad_StartCommand "Start Information" (AlexaBad) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:yyy:xxx:startCommand"}

String AmazonEchoBad_RadioStationId "TuneIn Radiosender" (AlexaBad) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:yyy:xxx:radioStationId"}
Switch AmazonEchoBad_Radio "TuneIn Radio" (AlexaBad) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:yyy:xxx:radio"}

String AmazonEchoBad_AmazonMusicTrackId "Amazon Music Track Id" (AlexaBad) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:yyy:xxx:amazonMusicTrackId"}
String AmazonEchoBad_AmazonMusicPlayListId "Amazon Music Playlist Id" (AlexaBad) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:yyy:xxx:amazonMusicPlayListId"}
Switch AmazonEchoBad_AmazonMusic "Amazon Music" (AlexaBad) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:yyy:xxx:amazonMusic"}

String AmazonEchoBad_TTS "Text to Speech" (AlexaBad) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:yyy:xxx:textToSpeech"}
String AmazonEchoBad_Remind "Remind" (AlexaBad) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:yyy:xxx:remind"}
String AmazonEchoBad_PlayAlarmSound "Alarm Ton abspielen" (AlexaBad) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:yyy:xxx:playAlarmSound"}
String AmazonEchoBad_StartRoutine "Start Routine" (AlexaBad) {channel="amazonechocontrol:echo:yyy:xxx:startRoutine"}

When I use only this items, it works. But when I copy the items for another Echo device and change the channel and item name, it is not working. :thinking:

I wrote all of the items again.