CBUS Binding configuration queries

I can do some playing later but i think you need to add the cgate thing. Once that is added then you can scan. Until this is added it doesn’t know how to connect to cgate to do a scan.
In Inbox press the + then select the C-Bus Binding and then CGate Connection. Once that is setup you should be able to scan

John,

Thanks, that was the reason Scan wasn’t working. Adding the “CGate Connection” via Paper UI allows my OH install to try to discover. The binding documentation does talk about creating a CBUS bridge which was in my original static config for my friends install. But once I saw the Auto discovery work I removed the static config believing the binding didn’t need any static config at all (.thing or Paper UI) to be able to work.
This is where all OH bindings configurations show variations: eg 1. Full Auto Discovery, 2. Partial Static Config with Auto Discovery, 3. Full Static Config.

I am quite hopeful you have identified the final piece of the puzzle. I will now try adding only adding the Bridge config on my friends install, and will then see if the Auto discovery works again.
If it does, then will suggest some documentation changes/improvements with the key learning you have helped me with.

I will let you know how I go.

Many Thanks
Rod

John,

Great news, after re-adding only the CBUS Bridge config in a .thing file as follows:

Bridge cbus:cgate:cgatenetwork "file - cgate" [ ipAddress="192.168.1.54"] {
  Bridge network cbusnetwork "file - network" [ id=254, project="PETER" ] {
    /* Things can be configured within each network bridge */
  }
}

The Auto-discovery occurred, and all the discovered light “Things” now show “Online”, all debugs logs also showed correct operation. I have created static Items pointing to the relevant channels, these now control the Switching/Dimming successfully.
So in final summary the CGate config was the biggest issue which was causing the AutoDiscovery failure and that regular “Group Object” error when trying to use full static config.

On behalf of my friend and myself, thank you SO SO much John for helping me work through the various stages that got this to full resolution.

When I get a chance I will add some extra notes to CBUS binding documentation.

Rod

Thats great. Thanks for confirming it works.