CC2531 is unable to discover xiaomi mi sensors

While using openhab version 2.4.0-1, unable to discover the xiaomi mi motion sensors and xiaomi mi smart switch with CC2531 connector.

Probably not the question you want asked but any reason you can’t update to latest openHAB version?

Asking as there were many fixes in the last year.

Other than that do you have the 2531 flashes properly? And if needed serial port configured?

There are a few ways to integrate with the Zigbee devices. You would need to provide more info such as whether this is from the Zigbee binding or through zigbee2mqtt. If it is the later, then you should consult the zigbee2mqtt doc. Specifically look at the log file, and ensure that you’ve activate the device correctly. Sometimes it might be necessary to delete it and then activate it again.

1 Like

I have tried with openhab v2.5.0 also. In that my stick(CC2531) is getting online but when m tried to connect xiaomi mi sensors its getting partial discovered and the device is still showing offline.

There are a few ways to integrate with the Zigbee devices. You would need to provide more info such as whether this is from the Zigbee binding or through zigbee2mqtt.

-> This is from the zigbee binding.

I would suggest to check the binding documentation. There is a section on what to do when things don’t work. This tells you how to enable logging which will provide you with further information to understand what is happening.

Just to inform with the same setup, phillips hue gets discovered and m able to control the bulb also. But with the xiaomi or smart things devices the same issue is coming.“Nodehas not completely discovered”.

Today the strange behaviour, smart things door sensor came online. But still not able to control it through rule engine.

I am getting the below error while connecting the smart things devices.

18:34:09.597 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘zigbee:device:ddebafa9:000d6f000e3571d7’ changed from UNKNOWN to OFFLINE: Node has not completed discovery
18:34:09.635 [INFO ] [arthome.event.FirmwareStatusInfoEvent] - Firmware status of thing zigbee:device:ddebafa9:000d6f000e3571d7 changed to UNKNOWN.
18:34:11.951 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ThingUpdatedEvent ] - Thing ‘zigbee:coordinator_cc2531:ddebafa9’ has been updated.
18:34:19.285 [ERROR] [2531.network.packet.ZToolPacketStream] - Packet parsing failed due to exception.
com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.cc2531.network.packet.ZToolParseException: Packet checksum failed
at com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.cc2531.network.packet.ZToolPacketStream.parsePacket(ZToolPacketStream.java:141) [bundleFile:?]
at com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.cc2531.network.packet.ZToolPacketParser.run(ZToolPacketParser.java:107) [bundleFile:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_222]
18:34:27.550 [ERROR] [2531.network.packet.ZToolPacketStream] - Packet parsing failed due to exception.
com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.cc2531.network.packet.ZToolParseException: Packet checksum failed
at com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.cc2531.network.packet.ZToolPacketStream.parsePacket(ZToolPacketStream.java:141) [bundleFile:?]
at com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.cc2531.network.packet.ZToolPacketParser.run(ZToolPacketParser.java:107) [bundleFile:?]
18:34:30.387 [ERROR] [2531.network.packet.ZToolPacketStream] - Packet parsing failed due to exception.

This error is a CRC error by the looks of it. It may happen if a frame is corrupted.

Please also use code fences when formatting logs as it’s not easy to read otherwise.

Okay

if m resetting the device, the devices are showing online except the smart things smart plug.
For smart plug, still the info is coming as"Node has not completely discovered"

Could some one help me to understand y this line is coming

Nd what to do to overcome this issue

Smart things devices are not showing consistent behaviour while connected through CC2531

Encountering a similar problem and realizing that it‘s about time to finally retire my CC2531. A but of a pity, since it has worked great so far