Challenge http binding and Raumfeld Control

I working with openhab since about ½ year and have successfully connected HUE, KNX and LGTV but I do have a hard time with Raumfeld integration via HTTP binding. I’m using the latest openhab 1 version on a raspberry PI. I don’t get it to work. The Raumfeld Unit is already setup with Raumserver and functional but the same command line I use in explorer to control RF does not work with open hab.

Following item I have setup:

Switch Musik_Raumfeld_Wohnzimmer “Musik RF Wohnzimmer” (OG_Wohn) {http=">[ON:POST:] >[OFF:POST:]"}

In the openhab Logs ican see

-2017-01-08 19:26:09 - Musik_Raumfeld_Wohnzimmer received command ON

-19:26:09.341 [WARN ] [ ] - Method failed: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

As I said the HTTP part woks perfect if I use it in a explorer but It does not work via OPENHAB.

I hope you can help me because I have absolutely no idea what I is wrong. I would appreciate If someone has setup already a RF control via OPENHAB and could post some examples.

Any help would be highly appreciated.



If you go to that URL via the browser address bar, isn’t that a GET and not a POST?

Sorry I described it wrong. If I like to switch on the RF I need to send When I send this command via Browser it works just fine but when I send it via OH it responses with “Method failed: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found”.

Hi Marcel,

If you would explain in more detail how you send this command via browser (from the address bar?) and how you send it via OH (binding? rule? exec?), I might be able to offer better suggestions! Do you have a bit of configuration to copy/paste that shows how you are sending from OH?

Hallo John,

First off all thank you very much for looking into my Chalkenge.
Right now I’m traveling so I have no access to the system but on the weekend I will send you more detailed informations,

Thanks again


Hallo John,

I just find the problem when I played with the system over the weekend. but I try to explain what the issue was.

The first of all I switched from Openhab version 1 to version 2. this was already plant and prepared since about two month. but this was not the problem. during setup I installed only the HTTP binding so I got not confused by to many log file entries.

everything I tried before I did in a kind of module that means all the rules, items and sitemap contains only information and commands related to that binding.

my original item setup was:
Switch Musik_Raumfeld_Wohnzimmer “Musik RF Wohnzimmer” (OG_Wohn) {http=">[ON:POST:] >[OFF:POST:]"}

during my tests I find out I need to use the Get Command instead of POST. now the new item looks like this:
Switch Musik_Raumfeld_Wohnzimmer “Musik RF Wohnzimmer” (OG_Wohn) {http=">[ON:Get:] >[OFF:Get:]"}

from now on the simple commands like ON & OFF a fully functional.



Glad to hear it, Marcel!