Chamberlain MyQ Binding

same problem here. It started just after going from 3.1.0 to 3.2.0 so I assumed it was my system (as I hadn’t seen any reports) and did all the usual jiggling (clean cache, restart, downgrade, remove thing, remove binding, etc.). All to no avail…

I am running openHAB 3.1 and it worked this morning for me.

I checked again and am still continuing to receive the same error. I’m located in the US. I know that Europe uses a different API I believe.

I live in the US.

Back in February Chamberlain did start using a new API v6 that uses OAUTH. The 3.1 binding uses the v5.1 API still. The homebridge guys have already reverse engineered the v6 API but it would take some work to add it to openHAB. The v5.1 will probably continue to work for a while but it could be shut down at any moment. Not trying to scare people, this is just the reality of the cat and mouse game we play.

I’ll look at this over the weekend and see if i get can a fix for now.

3 Likes

Thanks for all the efforts. This binding supports one the the features that my wife finds most useful.

Thanks Dan, would it be possible for you to fix the 2.5.x version also? There are a bunch of people that still haven’t upgraded to to the 3.x version.

Best, Jay

1 Like

I’m seeing the same issue as the others too, as of this morning. Available to help test any changes that come out.
Cheers

Just a quick update, i have the binding working again, i need to clean it up quite a bit as the authentication was very complicated, but should get it done this week. I’ll post a beta version as soon as i have proper error handling ready.

It’s not really feasible to build against 2.x anymore, for one the 2.x build system is no longer available afaik, and second is that the 3.0 version of myq is a complete rewrite, so it’s not possible to back port these changes.

6 Likes

I have a first draft build, note that you will need at least OH 3.1 i believe (its built against 3.2, but should be compatible)

see Release MyQ oAuth · digitaldan/openhab-addons · GitHub

Download the jar and either put it in the addons folder OR upgrade the current installed one by running:

bundle:update org.openhab.binding.myq file:////some/path/org.openhab.binding.myq-3.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

from the OH CLI (karaf console). If dropping into the addons folder, you may need to uninstall the existing one first.

This is dependent on a 3rd party library that would normally be installed automatically, but since we are manually loading this jar, you may need to install it manually. This can be done with the OH CLI (karaf console) like so:

bundle:install https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/jsoup/jsoup/1.8.3/jsoup-1.8.3.jar

I’m waiting to see if token refreshes work, as well as general clean up. I’ll open a WIP PR today so others can see the code changes

5 Likes

Followed instructions above and it appears to be working for me. It does not seem to require the jsoup bundle for me.

Super-appreciate the hard work on this! Happy to buy you a coffee or pint!

Working for me as well.
Thanks a lot Dan for your hard work! Really appreciate!

Works like a charm for me on OH3.2.0M1.

• old MyQ binding removed via mainui
  • new MyQ jar added to the addons folder
  • jsoup added as per notes above
  • restart openhab

The existing MyQ items reconnected and all now works.
Thx much!

Working for me as well with docker based on image openhab/openhab:3.1.0

Thanks a lot Dan!

PR [myq] Switch to using oAuth for logins by digitaldan · Pull Request #11183 · openhab/openhab-addons · GitHub</t

Thanks for he quick turnaround @digitaldan! Working great for me.

Thanks @digitaldan! Guess I’ll need to upgrade from 2.5.12 to 3.x for this. I love the features in this binding!

So far this is looking good, i can see its refreshing the token every 5 mins, I’ll prepare the PR for review this weekend. Thanks for all the positive feedback, appreciate it!

Working great for me using the latest snapshot. I downloaded and dropped the jar into my addons directory. Then needed add jsoup.

Thanks!