Chamberlain MyQ Binding

I watch his channel for the content he has on different devices I can use in my smart home. It’s too bad that he uses HA instead of OpenHAB but he still has great advice. I have a Ratgdo on order for my evil corp garage door opener.

Yeah I created mine this weekend using the MQTT image and it’s wonderful. With MQTT though, you don’t have the roller shutter, it’s always 0. And the motion detection always trigger motion, never clear. So you have new motion detect input but the state never return clear. Bug in the firmware I guess

As long as I can trigger a rule with “opening”, then I can have the garage outside lights come on when it is dark. Is the MQTT channel showing that? The motion sensor would have been nice but it isn’t a deal breaker.

Yup, open, close, opening, closing. You can use a motion sensor trigger with a timer that reset at each motion detection, that’s how the internal light work in the end. You could even make the timer reset the motion value to clear.

You also have the obstruction sensor if you have one.

Here is my rat-ratgdo board (for an ESP8266 12F) I built myself in under an hour. Has been working flawlessly for more than a week now. Just need to 3D print an enclosure and mount it properly.

Nice. Esp home or mqtt

Mqtt

Did you get the roller shutter working or the clear on motion detector? My roller shutter always show 0 and motion detector does trigger motion but never revert to clear

My roller shutter toggles between 0 (closed) and 100 (open) while the motion trigger always displays “detected”. This doesn’t bother me as I don’t use those values for anything.

Would you mind sharing any mapping you have created? Installed ratgdo this weekend and works great. Log complains about ‘opening’ and ‘closing’ as invalid despite every possible mapping combination I can think of. Thanks.

Did you use the esphome build? If you use the latest snapshot of openHAB 4.1, the cover component is now fully supported, and you can use the Rollershutter channel for UP/DOWN/STOP/percentage commands and current position, and a separate string channel will give you the full state (opening, closing, etc.)

1 Like

MQTT build.

Check here

Still not working for me. Here is my channel and item (+ MAP). Is this similar to your setup?

UID: mqtt:topic:4bb624d938:fb6a33842d
label: Garage Door ratgdo MQTT
thingTypeUID: mqtt:topic
configuration:
  payloadNotAvailable: offline
  availabilityTopic: home/garage/GarageDoor/status/availability
  payloadAvailable: online
bridgeUID: mqtt:broker:4bb624d938
channels:
  - id: GarageDoorSwitch
    channelTypeUID: mqtt:switch
    label: Garage Door Switch
    description: ""
    configuration:
      commandTopic: home/garage/GarageDoor/command/door
      retained: true
      transformationPatternOut: MAP:config:map:2b204de8e1
      stateTopic: home/garage/GarageDoor/status/door
      transformationPattern: MAP:config:map:2b204de8e1

MAP

open=ON
opening=ON
closed=OFF
closing=OFF
ON=open
OFF=close

That’s what I have

UID: mqtt:topic:6ccc4f7df3:0b61cb50c3
label: Porte garage
thingTypeUID: mqtt:topic
configuration:
  payloadNotAvailable: offline
  availabilityTopic: Garage/Porte_Garage/status/availability
  payloadAvailable: online
bridgeUID: mqtt:broker:6ccc4f7df3
channels:
  - id: Porte
    label: Porte
    configuration:
      commandTopic: Garage/Porte_Garage/command/door
      transformationPatternOut: MAP:config:map:garagemap
      stateTopic: Garage/Porte_Garage/status/door
      transformationPattern: MAP:config:map:garagemap
  - id: porte_garage_status
    channelTypeUID: mqtt:string
    label: Status
    configuration:
      stateTopic: Garage/Porte_Garage/status/door
  - id: porte_garage_light
    label: Lumière
    configuration:
      commandTopic: Garage/Porte_Garage/command/light
      stateTopic: Garage/Porte_Garage/status/light
      off: off
      on: on
  - id: Porte_Garage_Motion
    channelTypeUID: mqtt:contact
    label: Motion
    configuration:
      stateTopic: Garage/Porte_Garage/status/motion
      off: clear
      on: detected

MAP

open=ON
opening=ON
closing=ON
closed=OFF
ON=open
OFF=close
close=OFF

Ok, I finally got my ratgdo board. Do I want to use the mqtt firmware or the esphome firmware? I don’t have either set up on my OH install at the moment, but I’ve used mqtt in the past (many years ago).

I am thinking of replacing ours with the Tailwind iQ3. It will not have all the sensors but the API is simply HTTP requests and can probably be easily implemented with the HTTP binding.

1 Like

I ended up getting mqtt working. It wasn’t particularly hard. The instructions are mostly good. The only time I had to resort to YouTube was to check the wiring instructions.

Ratgdo is far from hard, it’s a simple MQTT.

Is there any particular advantage to using the ratgdo board instead of the shelly 1 type of solution?

Just curious on the reasoning.
Cheers