Change Hue "Sensor Status" configuration parameter of Thing from a rule

First this: earlier this week I found out that the Hue binding now supports Hue groups. I’ve rewritten my rules to use those and I couldn’t be happier! Response to my switches is now almost instantaneous! Awesome work people (is that you @chris?), I really appreciate all the effort you’re putting in all this!

With this comes a new desire though. I would like to (temporarily) disable a Hue motion sensor from a rule. Use case is that I have a motion sensor in my kitchen to control the lights, but sometimes I want to have them on using the wall switch. The wall switch is a z-wave device that I handle in my rules. Most of the time, the motion sensor configuration works fine and I don’t need the wall switch. But sometimes I do. So what I would like is that, in my rules, when the wall switch is activated, the motion sensor is (temporarily) disabled, to prevent the lights from going off too fast.

So bottom line: is there a way to control the “sensor state” configuration parameter of the Hue motion sensor thing from my rules? Please note that this is a parameter of the thing, not exposed as an item.

Thanks!

I have a similar request and seeing no answers here just wanted to ask again if there is a way to change thing parameters from within a rule. In my case I’d like to save thing parameters based on rules as this helps fix some connection issues I’d have from time to time with a bridge device.

Specifically I have a Wi-Fi/Zigbeebridge from Xiaomi connecting to a network of sensors and bringing these to openHAB through a Wi-Fi connection. From time to time this bridge gets set to offline within openHAB for unknown reasons (still online in the native Xiaomi app). What fixes this for me is when I save the thing (without any changes) as this seems to trigger a new connection to the Bridge which allows to change it back to online.

What I’d like to do basically is detect the offline state of the thing - possible through rules - and then save thing parameters (or otherwise toggle a new connection by openHAB towards the thing/bridge).

Thanks for any ideas/help to the community up front!