Changing thing parameters via rule? (Fibaro Walli)

Sorry - I don’t know what you mean by this statement?

Why did you suspect the database?

I suspected there had been a change in the database as suddenly none of my Walli Switches worked on re-inclusion.
And as you mention it could indicate an error in the XML due to failed initialization. I thought it would seem unlikely multiple devices failed to initialize by “bad luck” and therefore the XML/database became the main suspect. But since no changes that should affect this seem to be done there it’s all very strange as the devices has worked just fine previously with the same/very similar database.

So you reincluded all your devices?

As I mentioned earlier, this error is normally caused by the command class not being in the XML - what I meant here is the XML that OH produces - not the database XML. When the binding initialises, it downloads all the command classes from the device and stores them in an XML. This is used to create the implementation within the device - it has nothing to do with the database.

The database “just” defines the channels and how this links to the command class. If the command class isn’t there, then the database will still show the channel exists (and I think you have the channel still?).

1 Like

Ok, small confusion from my side there. I think I understand now.

Either way in /var/lib/openhab/zwave my …_node_7.xml I can see “COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY”.

Update: Ok, I’m officially an idiot… I literally had to switch the switches once for this to initalize…
Looking into the XML, there was only “COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY” for the main endpoint not for switch 1 and 2 separately. That is until I pressed each button once…

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

Good news so far is at least things seem to be faster than before re-doing the entire network!

1 Like

Really, you shouldn’t have needed to do this - the data should have been detected during initialisation, but I suspect that the device doesn’t expose it and in this case it will be added to the XML (ie device definition in the binding) when the binding receives a command from the device.

1 Like

I think it might

I think it might be due to the device having two modes. It can be set as single or dual switch before initialization/inclusion. Dual is the default, but it seems their default initialization adds one switch and then additional in case you press them (confirming dual mode). Oh well, it was solved quite easy in the end.

1 Like