Channels not visible in Things

Hi There,

The problem:
I’ve got a problem within paper ui- items-channel.
The channels do not appear in the items, when i click on the item. Nor can i change the by clicking on the pencil icon, and i can’t trow it away with garbage can icon. Nothing will trigger those icons.
I’ve got the same problem with my ‘openhab local host’ or ‘openhab local cloud’

Is there anyway a solution to see the channels?? Can you give my a step by step solution.

The Start
When i add, in the map add-ons, binding astro or any other binding, it goes to mine Inbox.
When i click on the binding in ‘the inbox’ it will appear in the Things folder under map configurations. (it will take a time, and sometimes i’ll have to refresh the site). And then i can’t do anything with those Things.

Hardware and Software

• Hardware: _Intel core I3-5005U CPU 2.00 GHz /4,00 RAM/ storage 420GB
  • Java Runtime Environment: _Version 8, update 181.
  • Command line: use Karaf
    • openHAB version: 2.3.0

The channels don’t appear in the items, they appear in the things
Configuration>Things - Click on the thing and the channels will be there
You can then link the channel with an item

I mean Things. I’m sorry for misunderstanding.
I could not see the channels in Things

[quote=“DPu, post:1, topic:54430”]
items
[/quote] things

[quote=“DPu, post:1, topic:54430”]
item
[/quote] things

Show some screen shots of what you are looking at.

screenshot.pdf (96.4 KB)

screenshot.pdf (96.4 KB)

Click on the Thing’s Name

That should open the page showing all the Channels and settings on that Thing.

Hit the little up/down arrow icon and you will be able to see and add links to Items for that Channel.

Tap the little squares icon next to the Channe ID to copy that ID to your clipboard.

If clicking on the Thing name doesn’t appear to do anything, look in openhab.log for errors.

I’ll will look for the log list.
log%20list

Did you mean this list?

I found them on:
C:\openHAB2\userdata\logs
There are some errors in it. Can i send the file on this platform?

Copy and paste in the forum
Use the code fences

I’ve got a lot of these errors:
2018-10-20 10:17:54.502 [WARN ] [lipse.smarthome.io.net.exec.ExecUtil] - Execution failed (Exit value: -559038737. Caused by java.io.IOException: Cannot run program “arping” (in directory “.”): CreateProcess error=2, Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden)

Any idea?

That’s a warning and benign. It just means you haven’t installed arping so the Network Binding is complaining.

You need to look for lines that have [ERROR] or [ERR] (I forget which). And in particular error lines when you click on one of the Things in PaperUI.

I’ve opend the log after i opend Things.
The are two warnings: No errors.
These are the warnings:

• 2018-10-24 14:19:58.508 [WARN ] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Initializing handler for thing ‘yamahareceiver:yamahaAV:9ab0c000_f668_11de_9976_ac44f2434f94’ takes more than 5000ms.
  • 2018-10-24 14:20:02.756 [WARN ] [gcal.internal.GCalPersistenceService] - gcal-persistence:calendar_name must be configured in openhab.cfg. Calendar name or word “primary” MUST be specified.
    I’ll think i’ll have to uninstall openhab, and install another time. Perhaps That will work.