Charts are empty after reboot of raspberry 3

Hi,
i had two different charts working fine. Yesterday my raspi 3 hang up, so i had to reboot it. Now my charts only show the old data (gathered before the hang up) but no more new data are shown. Any idea?

Christian H.

Hi Christian

It seems that your persistence is not working correctly, as no new data is being logged.

Some ideas:

• Does your openhab.log file give any error message pointing you in a certain direction?
  • Is your database running like mysql etc.?
  • If your database is not on the RPI, can openHAB make a connection to the database server?

HI,
i found the following messages in the log:

[19:10:41] pi@openHABianPi:~$ more /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log | grep rrd4j
2017-04-15 21:49:32.879 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Refreshing model 'rrd4j.persist'
2017-04-15 21:49:32.924 [ERROR] [.core.internal.folder.FolderObserver] - Error handling update of file '/etc/openhab2/persistence/rrd4j.persist': Value must be between 0 and 100.
2017-04-15 21:49:32.928 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Refreshing model 'rrd4j.persist'
2017-04-15 21:49:32.967 [ERROR] [.core.internal.folder.FolderObserver] - Error handling update of file '/etc/openhab2/persistence/rrd4j.persist': Value must be between 0 and 100.
2017-04-16 16:52:07.801 [ERROR] [sistence.rrd4j.internal.RRD4jService] - Could not create rrd4j database file '/var/lib/openhab2/persistence/rrd4j/gHMRoll.rrd': sync failed

But i had empty charts the days before.

RRD4J should be running, i deinstalled it and installed it again. It is directly running on the pi.
hope that helps.
Christian

It seems something you have in your rrd4j.persist file is not being accepted by openHAB. Could you show the contents of that file?

Does this info help: http://docs.openhab.org/addons/persistence/rrd4j/readme.html#troubleshooting

Hi,
here is the content of rrd4j.persist (so it worked fine before the RPI restart):

// persistence strategies have a name and a definition and are referred to in the "Items" section
Strategies {
	// for rrd charts, we need a cron strategy
	everyMinute : "0 * * * * ?"
}

Items {

HelligkeitOst : strategy = everyMinute, restoreOnStartup
	HelligkeitSued : strategy = everyMinute, restoreOnStartup
	HelligkeitWest : strategy = everyMinute, restoreOnStartup
	HelligkeitNord : strategy = everyMinute, restoreOnStartup

Temperatur : strategy = everyMinute, restoreOnStartup
	TemperaturN : strategy = everyMinute, restoreOnStartup

// persist all items on every change and restore them from the MapDB at startup
    * : strategy = everyChange, restoreOnStartup
}

Hmm… I cannot help you any further…