Charts in OH 2.1 are blurred and CPU very high

Thanks all contributors for yet again a very nice, new release of OpenHAB.

Yesterday I upgraded to OH 2.1 (from 2.0). Everything seems to work fine. The only problem that I’m experiencing is the fact that my charts are blurred (see attached screenshot).

When I open the sitemap (classic UI), with charts on the page, the CPU goes to the max and stays there.
I’m running on an Odroid C2 with 64 bits OS and JVM. But I didn’t experience this behaviour in OH 2.0.
Anyone experiencing the same?

I tried to identify the thread causing the CPU load, but have not been successful.
The busy threads seem to be related to gnu.io.RXTXPort, but this is not the process that is causing the high load (I think).

[2] Busy(17.1%) thread(4030/0xfbe) stack of java process(3248) under user(openhab):
"Thread-181" #674 daemon prio=5 os_prio=0 tid=0x0000007f4c633800 nid=0xfbe runnable [0x0000007f0b63c000]
   java.lang.Thread.State: RUNNABLE
	at gnu.io.RXTXPort.eventLoop(Native Method)
	at gnu.io.RXTXPort$MonitorThread.run(RXTXPort.java:1611)

-David

The CPU seems to be affected if I add service=“rrd4j” to the chart items in the sitemap.
My sitemap definition now looks like:

Chart item=nOutside4in1Light service="rrd4j" period=2h refresh=120000

The CPU is still raising (to approx 250%, I have quad core), but after a minute or so it returns to normal values. Before the CPU would raise to 396% and stayed there.

-David

The same blurred text is shown in the iOS app.

Hi, i have same problem here, used to work on OH2.0 but now on 2.1 i have same problem except no high usage. Did you solved this? Thanks

Hi Liviu,
No I didn’t solve it. I restored the old 2.0 version. The blurred text was not the biggest issue. The high cpu was. I didn’t want a device constantly maxing out at 100% cpu.
The fact that there are hardly any other people with the same problems makes me think that the problem can have something to do with the hardware or the bundles we are using.
I’m running on Odroid C2 with Debian Linux (64 bit). Using Java build 1.8.0_121-b13 (also 64 bit).
Bundles: ZWave, Rfxcom, Kodi, HTTP, MQTT, OneWire, SqueezeBox, Denon, Prowl, Samsung TV.
Do you have anything familiar?

-David