Chromecast Binding - How to send STOPMOVETYPE

Cool. Sounds good. I will submit an additional PR for it because the topics differs too much.

@cweitkamp
Is the STOP channel not part of the openhab 2.5M1 release?

Hi Kim

I can confirm that I upgraded to

openHAB 2.5.0.M1 Milestone Build

And now have a Stop channel for my Chromecasts :slight_smile:
Which has made a fabulous difference.

Howeverā€¦

Just like when CĆ©dric adds functionality to the Velbus modules, you do need to briefly remove the Thing and add it again (or at least I do in PaperUI) so that the Thing can get recreated with the new functionality.

Thankfully, the previously linked Items get restored to the new Thing.

I think itā€™s magic, but I could be wrong.

Yes, it is.

// Edit: To be clear: It is part of snapshot 2.5.M1. I did not see your ā€œnotā€. As @MDAR already mentioned - Please re-add existing things. Otherwise the new channels will not be available.

1 Like

Thanks Stuart and Christophā€¦ Butā€¦
I have not seen this channel even though I made a fresh install of 2.5M1 a couple of months ago. So the channel should have been there from start even before things got addedā€¦
IĀ“ll remove and re-add my devices tonight to see what happens. (I use PaperUI to discover things).

1 Like

@cweitkamp
Thats very oddā€¦ I removed on of my miniĀ“s and re-added it, but itĀ“s still the same, no stop channelā€¦

This is the output from Karaf consol:

openhab> bundle:list -s |grep -i chrome
225 x Active   x  80 x 2.5.0.M1               x org.openhab.binding.chromecast
openhab>

@Kim_Andersen
Sorry for seeding hope. Milestone 1 has been released on 20th of January while the changes were done later I. February. Thus they are not part of it. :slightly_frowning_face:

No wonder why I couldnĀ“t figure this one thenā€¦ :wink:

A short notice then - ā€˜STOPā€™ channel is mentioned in the docsā€¦ Perhaps you should either mention the need of an manual downloaded jar or remove that part. (I would suggest you let it be, and then add there is a need of an manual downloaded jar. But I dont know if thats against the strategy with the docs).

Just as a side note because it goes off-topic: Are you aware of the version dropdown in the top right corner of the docs? Check it outā€¦

Yes, IĀ“m aware of that. It says ā€œversion: latestā€ā€¦
But a user who never read the forum would probably believe the ā€œlatest versionā€ is the one in the openhab release (well, I did, and I do read the forum) :slight_smile:

Hi

Just for the record, I didnā€™t do anything extra to get this functionality.

I think I must have updated OH and picked up all the new stuff.

So I guess the Stop channel is in the latest version.

Update

It turns out that Kim is correct and Iā€™m losing my mind.

I do have a manually installed ChromeCast JAR file

As Christoph says, the STOP channel was added after the release of 2.5M1, so it cant beā€¦ You probably just forgot you had updated the binding :smile:
I have manual updated the binding now, and the STOP channel is thereā€¦

It must have been one of those painless and easy moments, that didnā€™t leave a scar in my memory :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s my excuse and Iā€™ll be sticking to that story :slight_smile:

thats probably the best :smile: