Chromecast 'TIME_TICK' errors

x86_64 3.4ghz, 4gig ram, 100gb ssd
ubuntu 18.04
oracle 8 * Java Runtime Environment
2.3 * openHAB version

• Issue of the topic: Watching in the console I just get tons of these errors over and over and I can’t seem to find ones like it on google. I’ve tried deleting the chromecasts from the things file, adding them in paperui, restarting with each new configuration and yet they persist.

Things file:

//Chromecast
chromecast:chromecast:LongDogDOTgov [ipAddress="theips"]
chromecast:chromecast:Doxiecast [ipAddress="theips"]

18:09:26.435 [WARN ] [su.litvak.chromecast.api.v2.Channel  ] - Error while handling
org.codehaus.jackson.map.JsonMappingException: Could not resolve type id 'TIME_TICK' into a subtype of [simple type, class su.litvak.chromecast.api.v2.StandardResponse]
 at [Source: N/A; line: -1, column: -1]
	at org.codehaus.jackson.map.JsonMappingException.from(JsonMappingException.java:163) ~[244:org.openhab.binding.chromecast:2.3.0]
	at org.codehaus.jackson.map.deser.StdDeserializationContext.unknownTypeException(StdDeserializationContext.java:273) [244:org.openhab.binding.chromecast:2.3.0]
	at org.codehaus.jackson.map.jsontype.impl.TypeDeserializerBase._findDeserializer(TypeDeserializerBase.java:117) [244:org.openhab.binding.chromecast:2.3.0]
	at org.codehaus.jackson.map.jsontype.impl.AsPropertyTypeDeserializer.deserializeTypedFromObject(AsPropertyTypeDeserializer.java:74) [244:org.openhab.binding.chromecast:2.3.0]
	at org.codehaus.jackson.map.deser.AbstractDeserializer.deserializeWithType(AbstractDeserializer.java:89) [244:org.openhab.binding.chromecast:2.3.0]
	at org.codehaus.jackson.map.deser.StdDeserializerProvider$WrappedDeserializer.deserialize(StdDeserializerProvider.java:494) [244:org.openhab.binding.chromecast:2.3.0]
	at org.codehaus.jackson.map.ObjectMapper._readValue(ObjectMapper.java:2695) [244:org.openhab.binding.chromecast:2.3.0]
	at org.codehaus.jackson.map.ObjectMapper.readValue(ObjectMapper.java:1990) [244:org.openhab.binding.chromecast:2.3.0]
	at su.litvak.chromecast.api.v2.EventListenerHolder.deliverEvent(EventListenerHolder.java:56) [244:org.openhab.binding.chromecast:2.3.0]
	at su.litvak.chromecast.api.v2.Channel.notifyListenersOfSpontaneousEvent(Channel.java:440) [244:org.openhab.binding.chromecast:2.3.0]
	at su.litvak.chromecast.api.v2.Channel.access$600(Channel.java:50) [244:org.openhab.binding.chromecast:2.3.0]
	at su.litvak.chromecast.api.v2.Channel$ReadThread.run(Channel.java:186) [244:org.openhab.binding.chromecast:2.3.0]

getting the same thing

Yea its really bogging down and causing all kinds of errors with other bindings… No one has anything on this?

I uninstalled the binding for now

Ok, first impressions are that installing the 2.4 snapshot binding seems to rid me of the errors.

I found on another thread about a different problem, and thought what the heck it doesn’t work now. Well a few minutes in and its not throwing up errors constantly… see how it goes.

http://www.maindrain.net/iot-marketplace/org.openhab.binding.chromecast-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
1 Like

Just checked back in and all the errors are back… so never mind.

Same here. running OpenHAB on dedicated PC running Debian 9. Installed Chromecast binding few days ago, everything seemed ok, thought it was cool not really essential but cool. Just fired up Chromecast via my tablet. Little while later glanced at openhab log and wow, this warning happens every few seconds, floods the log
edit: just want to add that unlike the title, this is a warning in the log, not an error.
edit2: noticed after awhile Pandora stopped playing and the warning messages stopped along with it. Chromecast had switched back to showing pictures.

+1 here - also noticed these warnings popping up (~1 per second) when streaming from Pandora. As soon as the stream is paused, exceptions stop…when restarting stream, exceptions return.

Started a new issue on Github

Has anyone installed a Chromecast snapshot binding that’s resolved this? If so, can you recommend a working build version number?

Thanks!